Working across multiple accounts

mlu

We have a lot of small customers who all uses Evernote Premium accounts. Lets assume that I work on a customers account called CUSTOMER, what I would like was to make notes in my own account MYACCOUNT, that are linked to CUSTOMER, but so people logging in to CUSTOMER couldn't see these notes. This is not possible as far as I can see, but could something like this be obtained if MYACCOUNT was a Business account without CUSTOMER also needed to a business account? I have never tried Evernote Business.

Any other ideas on how to achieve this? 

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, mlu said:

Lets assume that I work on a customers account called CUSTOMER, what I would like was to make notes in my own account MYACCOUNT, that are linked to CUSTOMER,

Not clear how you identify "CUSTOMER" notes

I would use a tag.  The notes I make would use this tag

A search would be    tag:CUSTOMER

I am talking about separate Evernote accounts with individual credentials for logging in. I switch between accounts easily, but I need some way to edit notes in MYACCOUNT at the same time as working on for example CUSTOMER. This is not possible using normal stand alone Evernote accounts, but wonder if this could be accomplished via Evernote Business or someone could have faced the same problem/challenge and found a solution :)

• Level 5*

Shared Notebooks would allow you to review notes of another account but update notes in your account

A less complicated method would be to open two windows.  Evernote web in one, and the other using the client software

Thanks DTLow. The best option would be to access MYACCOUNT via a Weblogin, but then I cannot for example copy not links from CUSTOMER. Anyhow, as with everything else in life there are plusses and minusses with most solutions, so guess I have to live with this. Unless of course something could be done being a business user - but I don't know how this works as I have never tried it.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Don't think a business account would help.  It works pretty much the same as all other account types,  but has a notebook-style feature called 'libraries',  Each library can be accessed by any user who has been authorised to do so.  All users have their own personal account as part of the business package so they can work privately (unless they're collaborating with someone) until ready to share.  So HR can work on a new incentive scheme (say),  then publish it when final terms have been agreed.  Since your clients have their own personal accounts already,  they wouldn't find it easy to connect with the business account personal elements.

Archived