Tovokas

Shortcuts Based On Saved Searches Not Displayed in 8.0.4

I've seen this mentioned in the "asking for password' thread, but it deserves its own mention: shortcuts based on saved searches aren't showing up on the Shortcuts screen in 8.0.4. They worked find in previous versions. (They display correctly on the web and the PC client, and my full list of saved searches displays correctly in the search screen).

Reinstalling the app didn't help... and I'm growing a wee bit tired of reinstalling Evernote every point update. ;)

These shortcut-based saved searches allow Evernote to work as an awesome GTD (Getting Things Done) client, so they're very important to many of us. 

7 minutes ago, Tovokas said:

I've seen this mentioned in the "asking for password' thread, but it deserves its own mention: shortcuts based on saved searches aren't showing up on the Shortcuts screen in 8.0.4. They worked find in previous versions.

Actually, it's much more productive to post feedback in the release notes.

I posted this error, and am confident we we will see a fix shortly

>>These shortcut-based saved searches allow Evernote to work as an awesome GTD (Getting Things Done) client, so they're very important to many of us

My temporary workaround was, either use the saved search; or recreate the shortcut search

I agree, in terms of letting the devs know there is an issue. But I'm guessing there are many users like me who visit the 'iOS Help' forum to see if others are experiencing the same issue, and if there is a fix or work-around. That's sort of the purpose of a help forum.

1 hour ago, Tovokas said:

But I'm guessing there are many users like me who visit the 'iOS Help' forum to see if others are experiencing the same issue, and if there is a fix or work-around.

Thats a good point, and your post serves as a pointer to the release discussion

For me, I usually monitor the release discussion for new releases
There's often issues reported that are quickly resolved with a patch release

• Like 1