Tab title should be Note title (Evernote 6.11 Beta 1, MacOS)

BklynGuy666

Idea

Currently only Notebook titles are displayed on tabs in MacOS (with the latest 6.11 beta 1). It would be much more helpful to instead have the Note title displayed on tabs. I have many notes within Evernote "Notebooks" and they're indistinguishable when opened via tabs. Please change this behavior. Thank you.

8 replies to this idea

I agree.  I just discovered the tab bar today after upgrading to 6.12.1 and love the idea - but it is useless to me for "fast switching" and consolidation (which I assume is the purpose of the feature) unless I know what note each tab represents.

Full agreement. For those of us that work in and out of multiple notes this is a huge one. I find that I'm lost a lot because 'Work' or 'All Notes' doesn't help me 

When it should say 'Meeting Notes - 10/14/18' or 'Vanadium Pentoxide Research'

Two very different things. 

You guys can do it, I know you can do it. Pass the string, just pass it in. 

On 12/4/2018 at 3:57 PM, akubird said:

Full agreement. For those of us that work in and out of multiple notes this is a huge one. I find that I'm lost a lot because 'Work' or 'All Notes' doesn't help me 

You guys can do it, I know you can do it. Pass the string, just pass it in. 

It's as if they don't care...

• Level 5*
On 12/3/2018 at 10:57 PM, akubird said:

For those of us that work in and out of multiple notes this is a huge one. I find that I'm lost a lot because 'Work' or 'All Notes' doesn't help me 

34 minutes ago, jgibbins said:

It's as if they don't care...

Read the post  above    

5 hours ago, DTLow said:
5 hours ago, DTLow said:

Read the post  above    

I know that is a workaround, but it's not the idea solution. To change notes you have to close the tab in the merged window, swap back to the Evernote main window (which is closed or minimised because of alt-tabbing), open another note, close/minimise and change to new opened note, and re-merge. Now do that several times. Imagine if you had to do that with Chrome... We'd all still be using Internet Explorer!

Archived