SureNotifier - Get notified of changes to shared notes

• Level 5*

I wanted to let everyone know that our SureNotifier service is now out of beta and into official release. Thank you to those forum members who participated in beta testing and provided us with valuable feedback - we really appreciate it!

For those not familiar with it: in a nutshell, SureNotifier notifies you via email and mobile push notification whenever your shared notes change. You can choose which notes to monitor, and choose how often to be notified.

SureNotifier works with both Evernote Business and personal shared notes. It lets you define groups of Evernote notebooks or tags, called Notification Groups. For each of these groups, you can say how you want to receive notifications and how often.

For example, you may have an important project that uses three different notebooks, so you could choose to be notified of changes in these notebooks by push notification on an hourly basis. You may also have some other notebooks containing general reference material, so you could choose to get notified about changes to those notes via email once a week.

SureNotifier also brings together on one screen on your mobile device a list of the Evernote notes in each of your Notification Groups, with the most recently changed notes at the top. This lets you focus on what’s recently changed among your most important notes, and with one click, open the note directly in Evernote.

• 9 months later...

Hi Phils,

two questions about SureNotifier...

1) What's the difference between SureNotifier and the Personalized digest of activity in my business email option at your Evernote personal settings?

2) Does SureNotifier notifies me about deleted notes. Or... if you prefer... "new notes" on the Trash?

Thank you. SureNotifier covers a very important functionality

• Level 5*

Hi Rafa,

I know we corresponded a bit via email but I wanted to reply to your questions here for the benefit of all.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:37 AM, rafavalor20 said:

What's the difference between SureNotifier and the Personalized digest of activity in my business email option at your Evernote personal settings?

SureNotifier (or actually SureFocus as it's now named; I'm about to post about that separately) gives you infinitely more flexibility to see changed items than the built-in Evernote daily digest of activity. 

First, the daily digest does not show you ALL notes that have changed that day; it only selects a portion of them that it thinks may be important to you. 

Second, SureFocus allows you to create multiple channels - think of a channel as a project or topic - and to assign notebooks and/or tags to each channel.  Then your changed notes will be grouped and sorted by channel in your daily email, making it a more organized presentation than just a single list.

Third, in SureFocus you can define not just a daily email but can go way beyond that.  For example, you can:

• set up emails to receive weekly, daily, hourly, or every 5 minutes
  • choose to get an email only when there are changed notes to report on
  • configure your emails on a per-channel basis

And aside from all of the above, you can also choose to be notified by push notification to your mobile device - and all of the above-described flexibility applies to receiving push notifications as well.

Lastly, we've just released a new version that adds Google Drive support - so in addition to all of the above capabilities for Evernote, you now have the same features for changed Google Drive documents!

On 11/3/2017 at 1:37 AM, rafavalor20 said:

Does SureNotifier notifies me about deleted notes. Or... if you prefer... "new notes" on the Trash?

Currently it does not notify of deleted notes (or as you say, really "notes moved to the trash").  However, this is on our list of features to consider going forward.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...