LIST VIEW can not do what CARD VIEW can

Magnus Børmark

Idea

In the latest update for IPAD/IPOD, the CARD VIEW is gone, in favour for the LIST VIEW. This is very strange to me, from a workflow perspective, as you can have an overview of twice the amount of notes on a screen with card view than with list view. In list view you also use half the screen to access the note, so as enabling you to edit it whilst still seeing the list of notes. Now, this workflow may work for many, but I'd reckon there is a significant amount of people that like to edit their notes full screen ( using screen space for what is relevant at the moment ) , and so would go full screen anyway when editing notes.

Is there an official statement to why CARD VIEW is gone ? I just can not seem to find a logical reason to defend it being gone from a workflow point of view..

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, Magnus Børmark said:

This is very strange to me, from a workflow perspective, as you can have an overview of twice the amount of notes on a screen with card view than with list view

I'm guessing you're referring to the latest IOS update where Card View has been dropped
Moved to the IOS forum

Have you adjusted the list view options.  

I have minimized the data and basically just show the title.  I show 8 notes in the list.  
This is similar to my Mac setup where I use Top-List view

Archived