Notebook gone (it ist not in my trashcan)

Senfgelb

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Senfgelb said:

Is there a chance to restore the lost notebook?

Notebooks rarely get "gone", but they do get lost within a collenction of notebooks

How about your notes.  Can you do a search for some content and retrieve a note

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Senfgelb said:

No. Any content of the lost notebook is not searchable anymore. And the notes are not in any of the other notebooks I have.

Probably I delete it by accident (unlikely), but even in that case the problem remains the same.

You'd have to delete the notebook, agree that the notes will be deleted, then empty the trash - agree not likely by accident

One last idea - any chance the notebook was accidentally created in a different account
Its much to easy to create an account when signing in

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, Senfgelb said:

So does anybody here believe, that Evernote can restore the lost notebook for me, even when I have deleted it by accident?

"Notebook" is just a label applied to a collection of notes
I'd be more concerned about lost notes

Just to be sure, have you verified this on the web; 

You could contact support, but my guess is that if you truly purged these notes; they're gone

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Senfgelb said:

I mean the notes which were in that notebook.

Sorry I can't help you

I'd point you to Evernote's Note History backup however it gets deleted when the the note gets deleted - Like exactly when I need to recover
This forced me to implement my own backups

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you contacted Evernote directly yet?  This is a (mainly) user-supported forum and we can't do anything toward recovery of lost notes.  If you;re not a paying user you could try using Twitter - @EvernoteHelps

I already wrote with an member of the so called  "Evernote experts community". After a short conversion about the basics he forwarded my problem to Evernote.

I am a little bit shocked about the fact, that it seems, that no one else have had this problem in the past. Normally I would expect, that someone "in the internet" should be able to tell me, if Evernote is able to restore deleted notes.

• Level 5*

It's unusual for notes to be lost without any apparent reason,  but the problem is that if they were deleted,  the process is to remove the records completely - so Evernote may not have any way to restore notes.  Most of the "Guru's" around here (including me) recommend frequent note backups just in case of this sort of situation. 

Archived