Cannot remove notification

The EverNote icon on my iPhone 5S permanently shows a red circle with a figure 2 in it located at the top right-hand corner of the icon, yet no notifications are showing when I open up the app'. But I cannot remove the notification on the icon! Can someone please advise how I do this as its very annoying? Please see screenshot attached.

Thanks in advance and regards.5S_Screenshot.PNG

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, rogerreeves said:

The EverNote icon on my iPhone 5S permanently shows a red circle with a figure 2 in it located at the top right-hand corner of the icon, yet no notifications are showing when I open up the app'. But I cannot remove the notification on the icon! 

The badge is showing a count of your outstanding reminders

You can clean up your reminders, or turn off the notification in settings

Thanks DTLow.

I do understand the purpose of the icon count, but when I go in to settings there are no reminders or alerts showing. Consequently, I could not clean-up anything. And turning off and on notifications made no difference.

I eventually found that by going in to iPhone settings and turning the app' off and then on again, removed the notifications.

Strange init? But thank you very much for your interest.

Best wishes.

I am having the same problem with the Evernote notification badge always stuck on "1" (latest iOS, latest Evernote).  However, my issue extends further in that the app does not even appear in the List of apps in the Notications section of iOS. In addition it keeps asking for an iTunes password.  I've deleted and reinstalled the app a few times but no change. Had said "no" to push notifications when it first launched. Evernote is also installed on my iPad (latest app and iOS) and its working fine. Suggestions welcomed. 

IMG_2631.PNG

IMG_2632.PNG

• Level 5*

Reboot your device

Delete and reinstall the app
Warning - the current version (v8) is having some issues.  You might want to wait until things get stable

13 hours ago, peej678 said:

As per my initial post "I've deleted and reinstalled the app a few times but no change"

In Settings, when you scroll down into the settings by app section, do you see Evernote there? If so, you can tap on Notifications and toggle Allow Notifications to off. Or, if you just want to prevent the red reminder-count badge from showing on the Evernote icon, then just toggle Badge App Icon to off. That way you can still get reminder notifications (with sounds if you want) but no more red circles.

IMG_1646.jpg.909c4284306b5f5008acf3f4ebcbe504.jpgIMG_1647.jpg.dbd7a6d2ff371e6fe30f6d4185c03328.jpg

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, peej678 said:

Unfortunately, I don't see what you see and am unable to do that.

I was afraid that was going to be your answer. If may be that you've got to answer yes on push notifications in order for notification settings to appear. That's the only thing I can think of. Do you have the patience to do another reinstall to find out?

On 2/1/2017 at 4:23 PM, peej678 said:

Had said "no" to push notifications when it first launched.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, peej678 said:

jim.g that worked...thanks!. Should have thought of that myself. Looks like a bug as should install into Notifications regardless. However, for others having the badge notification issue, this may be the workaround. Cheers.

That's great! I agree that it should auto-add notifications in Settings regardless of how you answer the push notifications question. Otherwise, like in your case, there is no way to turn off the badge app icon nor, and this may be worse, any way to ever turn on notifications without reinstalling the app. I've never seen an app do this. I hope they fix this soon.

• 2 weeks later...

these red dots with numbers in them were driving me nits - yes it is annoying.... but then I learned it is the number outstanding of reminders still  counting down - well I was still not convinced it is something I want on my devices - but I can live with it - I do have some set up to the year 2024 - but I set the reminder - I should have an option to see this red dot thing or not.

but at the least an explanation of what it is without having to go online to figure it out.

• 4 weeks later...

To solve this issue, with Evernote 8.1.3, I clicked on the alarm clock icon in the upper right corner of the app. This took me to my Reminders.  Sure enough I had inadvertently set a reminder on an old task. I chose to clear the reminder, which cleared my list of the one reminder I had. This removed the red "1" from the icon when displayed on the desktop of my iPhone. 

• 2 months later...

Szabogi has the answer (posted March 15).  I think most of the replies to this question are focusing on notification issues in settings not on the reminder function.  I had a red "2" meaning I had set a reminder on two of my notes.  Don't try to get to reminders you have set thru settings, notifications.  That applies to ALL notes in general.  You are looking for individual notes.  Try searching "reminders" to locate notes that are causing the red number badges.

• 1 month later...

I have uninstalled EN from the iPhone. The badge number appears upon reinstall even before launching or logging in. Where is it getting the badge number data, if all of the EN data was removed with the uninstall? Is there some vestige data from the account left on the device?

10 hours ago, bluesgeek said:

I have uninstalled EN from the iPhone. The badge number appears upon reinstall even before launching or logging in. Where is it getting the badge number data, if all of the EN data was removed with the uninstall? Is there some vestige data from the account left on the device?

I have learned from EN support chat that even after an uninstall, iOS keeps the most recent badge count in the system. All other account data is removed.

• 8 months later...

It seems that if the note is created by somebody else and then shared with me, and the creator has set a reminder, I can not reset it.

Is this true? If it is, the only way is to ask the creator of the note to reset the reminder notification badge. Am I right?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...