Saving a PDF opened with Preview to Evernote

I have just replaced ed my older MacBook Pro with a 2016 MacBook Pro.  Both are running OSSierra and the same version of Evernote and Preview.

With my older MacBook Pro I could save a copy of a PDF opened in Preview to Evernote my going to the "share" icon in the document bar where the choices were 

Mail

AirDrop

Notes

Evernote

With my new laptop Evernote is missing from those choices and I haven't been able to work out how to again have Evernote as an option.  Can anyone help?

Many thanks

3 hours ago, IanQ said:

I have just replaced ed my older MacBook Pro with a 2016 MacBook Pro.  Both are running OSSierra and the same version of Evernote and Preview.

With my older MacBook Pro I could save a copy of a PDF opened in Preview to Evernote my going to the "share" icon in the document bar where the choices were 

Mail

AirDrop

Notes

Evernote

With my new laptop Evernote is missing from those choices and I haven't been able to work out how to again have Evernote as an option.  Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Evernote is no longer displaying on my share sheet either, not only in Preview but in other apps as well. This is probably due to recent macOS updates. You can still accomplish the same thing by going under Preview>Services>Add to Evernote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had same issue with MacBook Pro 2017..  I found it in system preferences > extensions.   tick Evernote and It appears in the save menus across many apps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a workaround. It works with Preview and most other applications. It is not as elegant as using the old share screen, but it works for me. 

File -> Print

In the Print dialogue, click on the PDF menu in the lower left. If you're lucky, you will see "Evernote" listed. Select that and a new note will be created in Evernote with the new PDF you just created from your older PDF. 

If you do not see "Evernote" in the PDF menu, you will have to add it:

Select "Edit menu..." from the bottom of the PDF dropdown menu in the Print dialogue. 

If Evernote does not appear (it probably won't or it would have appeared in the PDF dropdown menu):

Click on the + at the bottom. 

In the window that appears, navigate to the Evernote application. Select it and click on "Open"

Then click on "OK"

Evernote should now appear in your PDF dropdown menu in the Print dialogue. 

It should also now appear in all Mac apps and many others. 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 25/06/2017 at 3:41 AM, Gly said:

I had same issue with MacBook Pro 2017..  I found it in system preferences > extensions.   tick Evernote and It appears in the save menus across many apps.

Very many thanks, this has been bugging me for some time, and had always manually saved pdf, and then dragged to a new note..   Now I don't have to!!  Wish we could vote up answers like in StackOverflow..

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Level 5

Hint: This only works with the EN legacy client. Still no sharing option with EN v10.

What works for me is to use the "Print" function in Preview. Behind the little "PDF" button in the bottom row of the window is an entry "Evernote". It saves the "printed" pdf into Evernote, creating a new note with the pdf name as title.

Or use an Import folder, which is a new concept on the Mac. You can save any file into the Import folder, it will grab the new file and convert it into a note, again wit the file name as note title. To make it easy to find I placed an Import Folder on my desktop.