scottie45

Transfer from Evernote to Ancestry.com

How can I transfer the mountains of genealogy notes I have saved to Evernote either to my desktop or hard drive in a format acceptable for uploading to Ancestry.com

I love Evernote for collecting my family tree info but now I need to discover how to easily take that information and use it in Ancestry.com

Thanks in advance 

Hi.  So what sorts of format are 'acceptable for uploading' to Ancestry.com?  I'm assuming you could cut/copy and paste information from a note to an Ancestry screen.  A quick Google search suggests that some other genealogy software can export family trees in a format that Ancestry can import,  but Evernote isn't able to do that directly. 

As Evernote is built around a database and publishes its API,  a developer might be able to write a conversion utility;  otherwise if you're a MAC user and able to write scripts,  you may be able to automate some transfer of data,  and in Windows you could use a third-party macro app like Phrase Express

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scottie45 said:

I love Evernote for collecting my family tree info but now I need to discover how to easily take that information and use it in Ancestry.com

I also maintain a duo system (Evernote and MacFamily Tree)
Evernote is my collection tool, but family data is much better displayed in a genealogy program

afaik   There is no easy way to transfer the data.
           Cut and paste, or export your notes in html format to make the data available 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. Seems that the least difficult way of doing this is to simply save as a .png image and then import it into the relevant spot in Genealogy.com

42 minutes ago, scottie45 said:

Thanks for the input. Seems that the least difficult way of doing this is to simply save as a .png image and then import it into the relevant spot in Genealogy.com

Save what?  What is the current format?

In my data, I have text, pdfs and images.  I kept the same format when transferring the data

On Ancestry.com I see the following for media

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 3.18.00 PM.png