Web Clipper Screenshot

TdeV

Idea

16 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

For clarity, I am referring to being able to annotate an image using the PC desktop version.  When you hover over the image three icons appear and if you click on the a in a circle the image opens in a new window and you can crop and annotate.  This tool is basically what once was Skitch (which was mothballed some time back as a standalone product).  I don't believe the annotate option is available if you are using the web version.

Since you have a version installed, right click on the image and see if Open in Skitch is an option.

ScreenClip.png      ScreenClip.png

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, TdeV said:

+ sign?

Image.png

If you drag the file to the "Drag files to here to attach..." area, a plus sign and a trash can appear.  Click on the plus sign to add the image to spot where the cursor is in the message.

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, TdeV said:

Clicking x in the upper right closes the program. If that is what I was supposed to do, I have another file named image.png on the desktop. How do I get it from there into the response to this thread?

Edit: I see. Right there on the screen! "Drag files here to attach" Duh! @csihilling, what would I ever do without you!

Sounds like you figured it out.  Excellent.

Hit the + sign that is on top of the image to add it to your post.  It will put it wherever the cursor is at the time.

20 minutes ago, csihilling said:

First you have to close the editing, hit the x in the upper right.  Then click and drag the image from the note.

Clicking x in the upper right closes the program. If that is what I was supposed to do, I have another file named image.png on the desktop. How do I get it from there into the response to this thread?

Edit: I see. Right there on the screen! "Drag files here to attach" Duh! @csihilling, what would I ever do without you!

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, TdeV said:

@csihilling, I learn the coolest stuff from you. I have managed to open the screenshot in the annotating software (It doesn't seem to have a name. Has the toolbar you show in prior post. Also File, Edit, View, Tools, Help). However, I cannot figure out how to drag the image. Clicking anywhere adds a giant red pointer to the image. Control-click gives me a symbol which I associate with grabbing an object, but I can't move the image, and can't drag it out of the software.

:)  First you have to close the editing, hit the x in the upper right.  Then click and drag the image from the note.

@csihilling, I learn the coolest stuff from you. I have managed to open the screenshot in the annotating software (It doesn't seem to have a name. Has the toolbar you show in prior post. Also File, Edit, View, Tools, Help). However, I cannot figure out how to drag the image. Clicking anywhere adds a giant red pointer to the image. Control-click gives me a symbol which I associate with grabbing an object, but I can't move the image, and can't drag it out of the software.

• Level 5*

You are welcome.  

On my PC I use Print Screen, Ctrl-V into a note, use the built in "Skitch" annotator, drag the resultant image to the desktop, and then drag from the desktop to the forum post.  For some reason you can't drag from EN note to the forum.  Takes longer to type than to do.  :wacko:  FWIW.

• Level 5*

Are you clicking, then dragging, then releasing?  Not so much two clicks as a click and release after framing the clip.  One click captures the whole screen I think.

Image.png

It would be nice if the cross-hairs were visible at the bottom right of the clip.  Hard to determine where you are with some backgrounds.

Image.png

Mine doesn't. It looks like it will, but the clip-to-evernote happens with the FIRST mouse click. (It SHOULD happen after the second mouse click—the one which establishes kitty-corners of the screenshot). This behaviour caused me to go back to using SnippingTool.exe

• Level 5*
51 minutes ago, TdeV said:

The screenshot option on the web clipper should allow the user to designate BOTH corners (opposite) of the area to be included in the screenshot.

Doesn't it do that today?  I'm missing something.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, TdeV said:

The screenshot option on the web clipper should allow the user to designate BOTH corners (opposite) of the area to be included in the screenshot.

The screenshot option on my web clipper (Mac Safari) gives me cross hairs to outline an area I want clipped

Archived