Tricks for keeping notebook selection "stick" when exploring tags? (using left navigation window)

Here is the scenario: you choose a notebook, then you want to explore tags in the notebook- all using the left navigation window.

Here is the best way I have found:

1) select (left click) the notebook

2) hold down cntl and select (left click) a tag  

This produces the desired result - but say you now want to select a different tag (and maintain the notebook selection), you now have to:

3) hold down cntl and click the new tag

4) keep holding the cntl key and unselect the previous tag

Its this forth step of "unselecting" the previous tag (before or after selecting the new tag) that I am finding tedious.

I'm posting this in case someone knwos of a keyboard shortcut, use of keyboard navigation rather than mouse, or choosing an option in settings that could make for less tediousness. Hopefully i am missing something rather than EN missing something..

Using the latest EN beta on Windows 7.

19 hours ago, csihilling said:

Have your tried using the search explanation area?  Remove the first tag by x'ing it out and then use the tag drop down for the next tag.

Thanks for a suggestion. I usually don't do things this way, but it might be something to try.

That being said, this other method still ends up being the same number of clicks to get the job done.

Sounds like this may not be doable in the way I'm imagining so a feature request may be the way to go...

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, The big Discovery said:

Thanks for a suggestion. I usually don't do things this way, but it might be something to try.

Thank being said, it still ends up being the same number of clicks to get the job done.

Sounds like this may not be doable in the way I'm imagining so a feature request may be the way to go...

You are welcome.  Yeah, end of the day it is what feels best to us, once you get past number of clicks and the rest.  :)

• Level 5*

Also, it is only two clicks:  x the tag in the search explanation and the Ctrl-click the next tag.  

It does seem that just clicking a tag in the left panel resets the context, even if you don't have Clear context on search checked, which seems slightly illogical..

Archived