Combining EN accounts

Carey S.

Hi @Carey S.,

To move and combine notes and notebooks from one account to another, follow these steps:

1. From any Mac or Windows desktop computer, log into the account that contains notes you'd like to transfer to another account using the downloaded Evernote application.
2. Export your notebooks as Evernote XML (.enex) files from this account and remember which folder or directory you’ve saved it to. All your note contents and tags are saved to this ENEX file. Note: Notebook stacks are tied to individual accounts and cannot be exported to another account. Once you’ve imported all your notebooks into your secondary account, you’ll need to reorganize them into stacks.
3. Sign out of the account you've just exported notes from and sign into the account you'll continue to use.
4. Import the ENEX (.enex) files into the account you're going to continue using.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Carey S. said:

I now have 3 separate Evernote accounts that I would like to merge. Is that possible? How does one do that? 

There is no "merge account feature"

@amanda_h gave you steps to transfer notes using a .enex export

This works well on desktop platforms
You can also look at the shared notebook feature which will work on the other platforms

• 5 months later...

Hi, I use a mac, I click on the notebook I want to export to another account, and I right click with the mouse and there's no export option, am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-01 at 오후 5시 21분, DGR said:

Hi, I use a mac, I click on the notebook I want to export to another account, and I right click with the mouse and there's no export option, am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

The export notebook function is available on the Notebook Page595aa27c94e5e_ScreenShot2017-07-03at12_59_39.png.167a97bd0e1e52d88506cdb12e553669.png

Archived