• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
guycruls

Evernote email address - change

guycruls    1

Hello,

As a Premium user I would like my Evernote email address to be custom, i.e. not to have anything added to my name.

As it stands, the email goes: myname.11242@m.evernote.com

I would like at least the '11242' bit to be removed.

the 'm' before 'evernote.com' possibly means mail and may not be removable.

And maybe nothing at all can be changed?

Many thanks

amanda_h    284

Hey @guycruls - Since you're a Premium Evernote subscriber, we can definitely help shorten your incoming Evernote email address to [username]@m.evernote.com. We need to receive email confirmation for us to process this request, so I'm going to create a ticket on your behalf and follow up with you via email.

• Like 1

JohnLongney    51

@amanda_h

Me, too, experiencing a few more senior moments these days would very much appreciate having the shortened version of my existing EN  email address. Would you please be good enough to start the process off for me, too, that this creating a ticket? 

Thank you so much.  

John 

amanda_h    284
3 minutes ago, JohnLongney said:

@amanda_h

Me, too, experiencing a few more senior moments these days would very much appreciate having the shortened version of my existing EN  email address. Would you please be good enough to start the process off for me, too, that this creating a ticket? 

Thank you so much.  

John 

Done!

On 1/24/2017 at 8:23 AM, guycruls said:

Hello,

As a Premium user I would like my Evernote email address to be custom, i.e. not to have anything added to my name.

As it stands, the email goes: myname.11242@m.evernote.com

I would like at least the '11242' bit to be removed.

the 'm' before 'evernote.com' possibly means mail and may not be removable.

And maybe nothing at all can be changed?

Many thanks

If someone wants to spam your Evernote account, not having that ".11242" exposes you to such a potential security problem. They can email in attachments with malware, phishing scams, and eat up your monthly upload limit, among other things I may not be aware of. While I appreciate the elegance of the email simply being your username@m.evernote.com, for security I usually urge clients not to pursue this path. I thought you should know this before making the change. Cheers!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JohnLongney said:

@amanda_h

Thank you so much.  

John 

John,

So that you don't forget, you can add this email address as "Evernote Email Address" into your contacts on all your devices so your software accesses your email addresses. It's a rare circumstance these days when I have to actually type the Email Into email address manually into a field. Hope that helps! :) (Please read my note about the security implications above as well.)

Ray

• Like 3

JohnLongney    51

@Ray Sidney-Smith

You are  quite right to draw attention to the snags.

However, unless my computer gets compromised by malware I see no particular problem in my case. I have trust in Evernote's mail server, same as I have never had any issues with Gmail. I have no need to use the EN mail addy other than for passing on some mails from my Gmail account.

In the past 3 -4 years, both my 2 mail providers, Gmail and German Telekom have not let any malware infested stuff go through at all. Silly links to inheritance claims or validating bank or Amazon etc accounts or best experience ever ;) get marked as spam and with 2 clicks vanish from sight and mind.

[ unless the pals in those institutions who are supposed to know more than we  know ourselves, mistake my lame and mundane exchanges with a Chinese trader as nothing more than a disguised attempt at wanting to erect a monstrous  wall made up of 50x50cm flimsy cotton fabrics, I fear nothing. My wife discovered quilt making and can't have of those rags (read wonderful materials) to play (work!) with. All I had to do was to win over the honourable gent from China to shipping  in one lot, because the local DHL or UPS staff do not care too much for 20 small parcels instead of one reasonably sized box]

On 2/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, JohnLongney said:

@Ray Sidney-Smith

You are  quite right to draw attention to the snags.

However, unless my computer gets compromised by malware I see no particular problem in my case. I have trust in Evernote's mail server, same as I have never had any issues with Gmail. I have no need to use the EN mail addy other than for passing on some mails from my Gmail account.

In the past 3 -4 years, both my 2 mail providers, Gmail and German Telekom have not let any malware infested stuff go through at all. Silly links to inheritance claims or validating bank or Amazon etc accounts or best experience ever ;) get marked as spam and with 2 clicks vanish from sight and mind.

[ unless the pals in those institutions who are supposed to know more than we  know ourselves, mistake my lame and mundane exchanges with a Chinese trader as nothing more than a disguised attempt at wanting to erect a monstrous  wall made up of 50x50cm flimsy cotton fabrics, I fear nothing. My wife discovered quilt making and can't have of those rags (read wonderful materials) to play (work!) with. All I had to do was to win over the honourable gent from China to shipping  in one lot, because the local DHL or UPS staff do not care too much for 20 small parcels instead of one reasonably sized box]

As long as you're aware of the risk! Cheers!