New rolling note titles - can't see full title!

Really simple complaint - while I can see the point of the new rolling note titles in the latest update for Mac (by which I mean that the titles now hover over the note content as you scroll down), now all of my notes - most of which have quite long names - have their titles cut off, to keep them within a single line view. Now the only way to view the latter part of a note title (as far as I can tell) is to actually scroll through the title with your cursor or CMD+Right, which is a minor annoyance but also a fairly basic organisational flaw, as I usually finish my note summaries of articles (for research) with the publication year. Now I have to check each note individually to see this info!

Am I alone in finding this irritating? Or have I just missed a blatant workaround?

Thanks!

• Level 5*
On 24/01/2017 at 0:32 PM, CallumMcLean1 said:

Or have I just missed a blatant workaround?

Drive-by suggestion:  add a tag for the publication year?  I'm an advocate of titles rather than tags myself,  but I do use simple tags like '2016' or '20160125' for extra date control.

• Level 5*

Yeah - appreciate it was probably not feasible.  It shouldn't be too hard though if you have a desktop view where you can see the full title - select all 2016 notes and add the 2016 tag.  Select all 2015 notes...  you get the picture.  ;)

Future notes you could tag as you go.

• 1 year later...

No solution was provided for this. Is there no way to have multiple-line titles? I'm organizing a study guide for an exam and I would like to type in the question as the title. The questions are long! I NEED to view the entire title in one glance

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, namkevin said:

No solution was provided for this. Is there no way to have multiple-line titles? I'm organizing a study guide for an exam and I would like to type in the question as the title. The questions are long! I NEED to view the entire title in one glance

What you (can see) is all there is available,  and if you're prepared to wait until Evernote modifies the software to allow 2,000-character titles you'll likely be a long way past all your exams before the feature is developed and released.  This is another one of those situations where you may need to reconsider your choice of software,  or at least to review how you use it...

It would be possible to create a Table of Contents note containing links to all your notes,  and then to copy into that document (as text) the longer version of your question,  or it would be easy - but presumably time consuming - to create your list of long titles in something like FreePlane and use Note Links to take you to your Evernote of choice. 

(See red arrows indicating hyperlinks)  - In this case I just used the original page URL,  but a local note link (or a public link) would take you to an Evernote directly,  or in a browser.

ScreenClip.png.cff5f54698321a456662ea2621c9752a.png

Archived