Remove Stay up-to-date nagging or I'll dump evernote

Clarer

Idea

Evernote as it was was perfect for me.

Now ever time I open it it freezes until it takes its time to tell me (constantly) to stay up to date.  And chews up my time, and mucks with the flow of my headspace, while I am required (constantly) to press the only (unsatisfactory) choice for me of 'not now'.

You have negated the feature which I have stuck with evernote for - that I can (could) quickly zip in there, add or check a note then back to my other work.

Return the home screen. Condense text, too little on the screen. Not happy.  Looking around for an alternative now.

2 replies to this idea

2 hours ago, Clarer said:

Now ever time I open it it freezes until it takes its time to tell me (constantly) to stay up to date.  And chews up my time, and mucks with the flow of my headspace, while I am required (constantly) to press the only (unsatisfactory) choice for me of 'not now'.

You have negated the feature which I have stuck with evernote for - that I can (could) quickly zip in there, add or check a note then back to my other work.

Return the home screen. Condense text, too little on the screen. Not happy.  Looking around for an alternative now.

1. Freezing is a known issue and hopefully will be fixed with the next update. In the meantime, are you on the most recent release 8.0.2? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

2. I'm not sure I've heard anyone mention this "stay up to date" prompt. Could you take a screen shot (press home button and power button simultaneously if you aren't aware) and post it back in this thread.

3. As far as quick add, there is a green plus button at the bottom of the screen that will open a new note. If you hold down on the green icon, you have the ability to choose to add an audio, photo, or reminder note. If you have a note or notes you check often, add them to Shortcuts and you can access them under the Shortcuts icon at the bottom of the screen.

4. These are common complaints from many others.

On 24/01/2017 at 7:03 PM, Clarer said:

Thank you!

+1 couldn't have written it better

Archived