Search function not locating notes

I just switched to a new laptop and installed Evernote onto the device. The search function now doesn't work for searching the text or titles of older notes (more than 1-2 years old). It seems to work with tags, but does not return notes containing the search term anywhere in the body of the note. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, cblevins said:

I just switched to a new laptop and installed Evernote onto the device. The search function now doesn't work for searching the text or titles of older notes (more than 1-2 years old). It seems to work with tags, but does not return notes containing the search term anywhere in the body of the note. 

It works for me; you might want to contact support or reinstall
edited: see following post from @BSR - reindexing is a better option

8 hours ago, cblevins said:

Hi @cblevins,

I would like to have you try recreating the Full Text Search Index in your Evernote application to see if that resolves the issue. 

1. Open Evernote on your Mac
2. Hold down the Option key on your keyboard and select Help from your Mac's menu bar
3. Select Troubleshooting > Recreate Full Text Search Index

Please let me know how this works out for you!

Archived