Syncing Problems

Robin H

Idea

I'm constantly losing data due to syncing issues. Before I used to at least get syncing conflict info on my notes, so I could go back and find what I've lost, but no longer. It just disappears. This happens, for example, when I have the Evernote app minimized in my macbook, and I make changes on iMac or iPhone, then go back to my laptop. I'd like to see a better implementation of automatic syncs, for example, when an app has been idle for a while the sync should happen before any editing is even allowed. Yes, I know I can hit the sync button myself to force a sync, but I cannot remember to do this every time, and as soon as I've typed one letter, it's too late. There's no way I can trust Evernote for really important data, because I lose it too often.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, Robin H said:

Yes, I know I can hit the sync button myself to force a sync, but I cannot remember to do this every time, and as soon as I've typed one letter, it's too late.

One thing you might try is to turn on the background sync in IOS settings

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Robin H said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try this. Honestly I don't edit that often with my iPhone though. It's usually with a Mac. Is there someway to make this happen on a Mac?

Not that I know of.  I use a desktop (actually MacMini) and Evernote is running all the time with a 5 minute sync

Archived