Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello there!

Anyone know if Evernote supports bullet journal functionality? 

To the fellow Bullet Journal enthusiasts who have retrofitted Evernote, it's not exactly the easiest integration. Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid Evernote user, but I wish the app supported more functionality.

Functionality Wish List

  • Status Icons that have click states. (Like checked boxes, but task icons that resemble the bullet journal's "open task," "started task," "closed task," etc...)
  • Priority Status. (A means of prioritizing some tasks over others.)
  • More Table Options. (for my monthly table, I'm really wanting a 31 row capability, but the app only goes to 30! Is this bumming anyone else out?

Also Some Irk-Some Bugs

  • Limited glyph/icon palettes (I had to add the custom font, fontawesome, to get a better palette.
  • Bullets and numbers don't change to the color you assign the text. They remain black.
  • When you copy and paste a line of text in the style you like (let's say it's green and size 12), it often changes to the default settings (black and size 14)

This is all I have for now, but ideas nonetheless. Attached is my Legend Template I created for my Bullet Journaling needs. It's a work in progress as I figure out the best system that Evernote supports.

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 6.18.28 AM.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, morganprenger said:

Anyone know if Evernote supports bullet journal functionality? 

Nothing specific but we can suggest work-arounds if you identify your requirements

One suggestion I have is to create separate entries - don't cram all your items into one note
This allows you to use different views for your items; daily, weekly, monthly etc

>>Status Icons that have click states. (Like checked boxes, but task icons that resemble the bullet journal's "open task," "started task," "closed task," etc...)

Priority Status. (A means of prioritizing some tasks over others.)

I use a tag system
I think it's unlikely that Evernote will implement specific elements for a "niche" application

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, morganprenger said:

This is all I have for now, but ideas nonetheless. Attached is my Legend Template I created for my Bullet Journaling needs. It's a work in progress as I figure out the best system that Evernote supports.

Have you looked at Workflowy?  It is an outliner on steroids with some interesting access and viewing capabilities.  A couple of posts that reference the subject.

Share this post


Link to post

I like the idea of the bullet journal in a paper notebook.  I am going to reflect on how I might use the system in Evernote.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/22/2017 at 3:37 PM, morganprenger said:

Hello there!

Anyone know if Evernote supports bullet journal functionality? 

To the fellow Bullet Journal enthusiasts who have retrofitted Evernote, it's not exactly the easiest integration. Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid Evernote user, but I wish the app supported more functionality.

Functionality Wish List

  • Status Icons that have click states. (Like checked boxes, but task icons that resemble the bullet journal's "open task," "started task," "closed task," etc...)
  • Priority Status. (A means of prioritizing some tasks over others.)
  • More Table Options. (for my monthly table, I'm really wanting a 31 row capability, but the app only goes to 30! Is this bumming anyone else out?

Also Some Irk-Some Bugs

  • Limited glyph/icon palettes (I had to add the custom font, fontawesome, to get a better palette.
  • Bullets and numbers don't change to the color you assign the text. They remain black.
  • When you copy and paste a line of text in the style you like (let's say it's green and size 12), it often changes to the default settings (black and size 14)

This is all I have for now, but ideas nonetheless. Attached is my Legend Template I created for my Bullet Journaling needs. It's a work in progress as I figure out the best system that Evernote supports.

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 6.18.28 AM.png

Quote

This functionality may be (partly) implemented with colored tags

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I do a bullet journal in Evernote but rather than use the original bullet system, I came up with my own key using the emoji keyboard.  There would probably be symbols similar to the ones you wanted in there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, lafemmecachee said:

I do a bullet journal in Evernote but rather than use the original bullet system, I came up with my own key using the emoji keyboard.  There would probably be symbols similar to the ones you wanted in there.

Good idea, but emoji don't display properly in my windows Evernote...

Share this post


Link to post

Bullet journal has many features but it varies from person to person as I cannot write it down here for you. Still I would say that it is for those who have a an unlimited lists revolving around for completion, for those who like to pen and paper to-do lists, who are into goal-setting and habit tracking so they finish their tasks on time, people who are into stationery, scrap-booking, journalist etc., People who really love planners, or who want to be more organized, People who would really like to keep a journal/diary but are having forget about them often. You can see https://www.bulletjournalideas.com/ where you able to get complete knowledge about Bullet Journal.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/4/2018 at 5:55 AM, naveedkhan9 said:

for those who like to pen and paper to-do lists

Evernote is a digital storage system.  

It offers generic filing features, and I'm able to use it for simple task management.
We are able to implement elements of Bullet Journal.  

The key is to enter each task as a separate note.  This allows you to list tasks by whatever criteria you need

I use the Reminder feature to record the start date for tasks.  
This also identifies completion date/status and if a task is active or pending

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...