Folder as an alternative view

Xallie

Idea

There is value of being able to use a product with ease, to be able to navigate it easily, in a "native" way if you will.  

By making an alternative view, where users can view a notebook as a folder instead, I think would make evernote more user-friendly and appealing to many people. 

I know I would be able to get the folder-view instead, for a nice overview of the notes which feels intuitive, and then double-click it if I want to edit it :)

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Xallie said:

There is value of being able to use a product with ease, to be able to navigate it easily, in a "native" way if you will.  

I'm thinking you're asking for hierarchy filing; such as Folder, SubFolder, SubSubFolder ....

There are existing requests for Evernote to add hierarchy (also called nesting) to Notebooks, but Evernote has not indicated an interest.  Instead, they offer a Tag feature which has unlimited hierarchy. 

You might want to look into the tag feature; in addition to hierarchy, there are additional benefits such as assigning multiple tags to a note

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Xallie said:

notebook as a folder

What is "alternative" to this? A notebook is the analog of a physical folder; it's just a different name for the same concept. How is navigating an Evernote notebook much different from navigating a file folder?

• Level 5*

Methinks drilling though notebooks and double clicking a note sounds a lot like Windows File Explorer, but I could be wrong.

Nested notebooks in EN language.  Often requested and discussed in the forums, but not on EN's radar as best we can tell.

Archived