Make feedback prominent in apps and sharing easy

aarcher

Idea

I wanted to send feedback while I was in the Windows app and I couldn't find an option anywhere within the app. Some of the best app producing companies in the world make that really easy so they can get more feedback.

Me feedback is:

Make save to PDF much easier, it is too hidden (right-click while in a note). It appears to me that Evernote's strategy was to push everyone to evernote for sharing, only evernote links would work. Over the last few years it has been loosened up both in the mobile app and windows app where you can share files out directly to other apps. This is good, however the app seems to be in transition from a closed system to an open system.

Even Google photos and drive started with only allowing links back to photos or drive but now they both allow direct sharing out to 3rd party apps.

My ask is that Evernote commits to allowing sharing data out to other systems, I think this is what customers want. It needs to be easy to do. Evernote had success by working on all devices and syncing to the cloud, now it needs to make sharing out in different formats easy to do.

Workflow example:

I want to scan a document and email it to my accountant.  Evernote's scanner is awesome, I use my smartphone and scan it. Now the doc is in Evernote.

I hit share because I want to send it as a PDF via email.. But alas, Evernote wants to use it's "chat" to send it..

So I go to the options button (Android) and there are all kinds of options.. One being "more sharing" not intuitive.  Now it offers to share it as a live note or static note..

I choose static note and it lets me email from Evernote.. well, this doesn't use my full contact list so my accountant isn't there.. fail.. 

I manually find her address, put it in there.. But it emails images not a PDF..

So I have to go to Windows but where the heck is the convert to PDF?  you have to right-click in the BODY of the note and convert to PDF, wait.. That is Mac OS only

Try export note, it offers web mht or html format - who uses this?!?!?!

Alright, I'll print to a 3rd party PDF app.. formatting looks crappy

I'm bailing on Evernote for this workflow, I use my $2 PDF scanner app which accomplished the task. 

My point is, Evernote is supposed to be the one place to save and SHARE my information, $70 per year I expect more out of the product. I have been a premium customer for 7 years and I feel the whole sharing system has been botched. 

Thanks,

Adam

1 reply to this idea

I agree. I too am about to dump Evernote after several years of collecting notes, cards, photos, etc. The fact that the recipient of a link has to sign into Evernote and go through hoops to see the document I share with them is ridiculous. I'm in the business of making my customer's life easy not difficult. I think the best idea is to use my iPhone to take pictures and convert them to PDF's that can readily be shared.

Archived