Grotesque fonts, arrows in annotation tool

saur321

Dear Evernote community,

I use Evernote for my research and often annotate images with text, arrows, lines etc. (example attached). Is there a way to change the default fonts and arrowheads in this tool to a more professional looking set of fonts? I also tried Skitch but it seems like it is the same annotation tool as the default one. Please let me know if there already is one. If not, is this something that Evernote can provide in the future updates?

TIA,

-Saur

EN_Annotatetool.png

• Level 5*

Yes, Skitch got turned into the inbuilt annotator. It's meant for quick and breezy annotations; if you want more heavy duty or professional annotation, then you'll need to use something else.

• Level 5

I agree, there's a primary-school look to the fonts. It is possible to choose a lighter line thickness and different colors. In the Android app (but not Windows) it is possible to turn off the outlining, I think, which helps a lot. But I still wouldn't care for it in a professional environment.

• Level 5*

You can remove the outline from font and change colors with Skitch.  To simplify the font click on the little a above the text, example below.  You can also change color and font size is changed by adjusting the line width.  Straight lines without arrows though.  Rudimentary, but works for quick annotation.

ScreenClip.png

+1 @csihiling. Thanks a ton! This works. On a different note, is this the right forum to suggest changes to the EN team? I see often that many "Gurus" rephrase the question and say that "yeah, this is how it is; live with it." It will be useful to know a place where we can suggest new features etc.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, saur321 said:

On a different note, is this the right forum to suggest changes to the EN team?

This is a discussion forum.  Suggestions should be posted in the Feature Requests forum.  There is still discussion, but also a process for users to add their support with voting.

There are also feedback forums for each product platform

• Level 5
17 hours ago, csihilling said:

You can remove the outline from font and change colors with Skitch.  To simplify the font click on the little a above the text, example below.  You can also change color and font size is changed by adjusting the line width.  Straight lines without arrows though.  Rudimentary, but works for quick annotation.

ScreenClip.png

Nice! That's what I was able to do on  Android, but hadn't seen in Windows. Getting that @ to display is not easy; I have to click outside the text box, then click back inside it. But it does work.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, saur321 said:

+1 @csihiling. Thanks a ton! This works. On a different note, is this the right forum to suggest changes to the EN team? I see often that many "Gurus" rephrase the question and say that "yeah, this is how it is; live with it." It will be useful to know a place where we can suggest new features etc.

You are welcome.

Archived