I use Windows' Remote Desktop feature to remotely access my desktop PC from my laptop.  Each time I log into my desktop PC this way, Outlook 2016 (32-bit) aborts with "Microsoft Outlook has stopped working" and it then restarts.  I tracked the issue down to the Outlook COM add-in "Evernote Clipper for Microsoft Outlook" after disabling all add-ins and adding them back a few at a time until the problem evidenced.  I'm running the latest version of Evernote (6.4.2.3788 - 303788) and I have deinstalled and reinstalled Evernote.  I've used CCleaner to remove temporary files and registry detritus.  My desktop PC is running Windows 10/64-bit, build 14393.693.  I've had this problem since Windows was first installed from scratch on a formatted hard drive  I have disabled the Evernote Clipper add-in for the time being.  Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Hi.  Is it the Outlook installed on your laptop,  or on your desktop that is aborting?  Do both machines have Evernote Desktop installed?

No, Outlook and Evernote are not installed on the laptop.  The laptop only provides a means by which to execute remote desktop to access my desktop PC.  Outlook and Evernote are only installed on the desktop PC which I remotely access through the laptop using remote desktop.  The problem evidences every time despite using different PCs to invoke remote desktop.

Thanks for the clarification.  It seems likely then that the remote desktop app is conflicting in some way with Outlook or Evernote.  Unless anyone else can contribute any specific expertise on this I'd suggest you contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter

-

• Like 1

Messaging them on twitter appears to be a waste of bits.  No response whatsoever. :(

Yes, you're right of course.  What is patient though?  Two weeks, 1 month, 6 months?  I stopped paying for Evernote due to poor customer service and complete non-response is not the way to win me back.  I will be patient, however, despite occasional grumblings because there is no other choice.  Thanks for responding.

• Like 1

:) Lack of options always makes it easier...  I should have suggested - if you can post your ticket number here I can flag it for a Forum Admin to take a look...

I have had a response from Twitter and they have assisted me in creating a support ticket.

• Like 1