Note Subject Line from Calendar

One of my favorite things about Evernote has been automation of the note title/subject based on my calendar.  This seems to have gone away in the new version.  Is there a setting to restore or it, or is this a casualty like it was with Penultimate?  

I'm on here searching for an answer to the same problem. Most of the notes I take relate to the dozens of meetings that I attend a week, and having Evernote automatically use the event subject as my note title made my note taking so much more efficient. I'm hoping there's a fix for this!

• Level 5*

Hi.

There's a detailed summary of changes here - What's New in Evernote 8.0 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch? - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000827848

Including,  sadly... (my emphasis)

What features are no longer available?

• Home screen and home screen sections - Primary navigation has been moved to the tab bar, making it quicker to navigate around your account.
  • Color themes - These colors applied only to the home screen and items that opened within the home screen. Since we removed the home screen, color options are no longer available.
  • Presentation mode - You can use AirPlay to mirror your screen, or you can use presentation mode in Evernote for Mac or Windows.
  • Atlas or “Places” view - We plan to add a feature to filter notes by location, but there will no longer be a map view.
  • Suggested note titles - We want to give you more control over how to title your notes, rather than using an algorithm to suggest note titles based on location, calendar event, or note content.

This is, indeed, sad!  The suggested titles were never forced only suggested and I found that very helpful.  The same thing happened with Penultimate and Evernote was deaf to user pleas so I'm not hopeful here, unfortunately.  I'm not sure whether it would be permitted posting in this forum but if anyone knows of an alternative with this functionality I would be very interested.

please add the feature again. if the intention is to give the user more control, then it needs to be a switch that you can turn on or off -- for me, control means in particular that if the meetings in my calendar have already reasonable names, that I don't have to re-type these names again. 

this is the biggest annoyance for me with this move to v8 and the only thing I've really noticed. it upsets me every time I create a new note. 

26 minutes ago, fux said:

please add the feature again. if the intention is to give the user more control, then it needs to be a switch that you can turn on or off -- for me, control means in particular that if the meetings in my calendar have already reasonable names, that I don't have to re-type these names again. 

this is the biggest annoyance for me with this move to v8 and the only thing I've really noticed. it upsets me every time I create a new note. 

Here is a comment in another thread from one of the forum Gurus about the best place to post product feedback type issues:

• 1 month later...

I agree! Bring this feature back! It was so easy to add a title in and if it wasn't right, at least you could go back later in the day and know which meeting your notes were from. I've been struggling since it was taken away :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Thank you very much. Your comments have been helpful. It is indeed a shame that this useful feature has been removed.  We can only hope it will be restored in the next version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Please bring this back to iOS as it made life more efficient 

Perhaps even make it an option you can control if you want to have this on or have more control over your titles?!?

did appear on my new android device this week but i use iPad for meetings #firstworldproblems i know!! 

• 3 months later...

Archived