Please return the ability to sort reminders chronologically on Evernote for iOS

renneranderson

Idea

10 replies to this idea

I just voted this up. This is a critical feature that many in our team use and without it Evernote is useless to us.

If you have a reminders list it has to be able to sort by a due date. Otherwise why have a reminder where you can input a due date?

Not sure if this helps but you can sort the reminders by Due Date ascending.
Unfortunately, it's for ALL your reminders though across all the notebooks.

1) Click on Notebook or All Notes at top.

2) Click on Reminders.  This will show you ALL your reminders by Due Date ascending.

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, righteousdork said:

2) Click on Reminders.  This will show you ALL your reminders by Due Date ascending.

Are you sure about that sort sequence?

I'm only seeing the standard set of sorts; tittle, update date, create date

Edited: As you pointed out, click on Reminders to get the sort correct

I've been clicking on the clock icon

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
8 minutes ago, righteousdork said:

Not sure if this helps but you can sort the reminders by Due Date ascending.
Unfortunately, it's for ALL your reminders though across all the notebooks.

1) Click on Notebook or All Notes at top.

The issue is reminders aren't sorted within a notebook context in the new IOS version.

• Like 1

Yes - this is my issue - I get all reminders of all notes in notebooks that are shared with me.  Some notebooks are just shared for info.  But I don't need to and I don't want to see the reminders for these notes where the reminders have nothing to do with me!  And worse still, in the list of reminders, I cant see which note is from my Notebook and which is from someone else's notebook.  So to check on the iOS to see if the reminder is for me, I have to tap on the note to see which notebook that note is in!

The other issue for me is if I am moving from Evernote on the PC to Evernote on iOS, one would expect them to work similarly!  Now the reminders on the iOS are completely different (and unusable) to the reminders on the PC.

I am responding to my own comment back on January 18, 2017.  This morning I updated to Evernote versiion 8.2 and was delighted to find that now there is an option to sort notes by reminder date.  There still isn't quite as much flexibility as there used to be (for instance can't truncate future events) but this is a huge improvement and much appreciated.  

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, mackiest said:

Create a saved search in the windows application to truncate future reminders and sort reminders however you want. Then access the saved search on the iPad. It works well for me. 

Not so much for me.  Doesn't work for late reminders or future reminders.  This is a next seven days search sorted by reminder.  Does not work on IOS, no sort..  What's on the screen shot is 3/11, 3/14, 3/7, 3/9, and 3/9.  Same happens with late reminder search.  Don't remember if reminders ever sorted on IOS... 🤷‍♂️

FA5A873D-5E6B-4AD2-8220-A1402A5F8B17.thumb.jpg.3e0a7ea03f7a6ec5750851c2ef69718f.jpg