Please return the Atlas function to the iOS Evernote app

renneranderson

Idea

53 replies to this idea

I'm a premium user also. Atlas is a key component to how I use Evernote. The removal of Atlas from first the ios app and now the mac app is ridiculous. The information is still there but our ability to use the information has been restricted. Doesn't make sense. Please return the Atlas functionality as soon as possible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bring back Atlas.  Bring back presentation mode.

MANY USERS ARE MAD ENOUGH TO LEAVE EVERNOTE

REMOVING FEATURES WE LOVE (AND PAY FOR) IT FEELS LIKE YOU ARE STEALING FROM US.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING USERS POST FEEDBACK AND REQUESTS IF YOU IGNORE OUR DESPERATE PLEAS?

LISTEN TO YOUR USERS AND DO THE RIGHT THING WITH ATLAS AND PRESENTATION MODE.

• Like 3

I used iOS places (Atlas.) every day to retrieve notes I made at that place, for the past six years now,  because of Evernote update I'm unable to do this making my notes useless. 

is this still possible on the business version. or another Evernote app that uses Evernote server?

• Like 5

This was a major inconvenience for me as I was just about to leave for a trip when I installed the update and my notes with locations were rendered useless. As a premium customer for several years I'm annoyed at the lack of notice let alone the removal of what used to be a core selling point of the service. 

• Like 7

I should be astonished to see that Evernote has removed such a useful feature, but I'm not really that surprised as they've done this kind of thing before.  At least on their "What's new in Evernote 8" page they mention bringing back location search (but not the Atlas itself).

It's probably overkill for nothing but a location search but on iOS there is an app IdeaPlaces that works with your Evernotes and provides both an Atlas view and some pretty sophisticated searching abilities.  It's not free, but I've found it quite useful.  If you search for IdeaPlaces in these forums you'll see some discussion of it with screenshots.

• Like 3

Evernote has been plagued with so many issues and platform inconsistencies over the last couple of years that the Atlas feature was one of the few remaining things keeping me.

You need to re-add this feature immediately or risk losing any competitive edge over any of your competitors you have left for business travelers.

• Like 1

I was about to search a note by location and just can't find it!
When I read this I get so disappointed! 

It seems Evernote gets more expensive and less functionality for each day.
Did they come with any type of information on why they removed it??

• Like 4

I've been using Evernote since 2008 (and paying for since when they got PLUS plan) for food/restaurant logging. The map view was essential and quite useful as a restaurant memo (like personal foursquare). When they killed Evernote Food it was a blow but I managed to adapt my logging style to the base app. And now the map is gone from all their apps. So after some research I chose to migrate my whole log to Day One. The process was almost manual and it took about 2 weeks. Well but it was not too bad to look back on all the meals I had these years. And now I'm happy to have a beautiful geo-organized diary. Good bye Evernote.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, lacarte said:

I've been using Evernote since 2008 (and paying for since when they got PLUS plan) for food/restaurant logging. The map view was essential and quite useful as a restaurant memo (like personal foursquare). When they killed Evernote Food it was a blow but I managed to adapt my logging style to the base app. And now the map is gone from all their apps. So after some research I chose to migrate my whole log to Day One. The process was almost manual and it took about 2 weeks. Well but it was not too bad to look back on all the meals I had these years. And now I'm happy to have a beautiful geo-organized diary. Good bye Evernote.

I see. 

I don't understand how Evernote can introduce so many good features and then delete them one by one whenever they feel like it. It seems they don't care at all about there users.

The future of evernote feels very uncertain.

• Like 4

Well this is frustrating,  I spent like 30 minutes trying to find the iOS map search,  because I knew it was there; I had to be overlooking it.....

wow, just wow.    Becoming more and more disappointed with Evernote 

• Like 3

Another long-time (since 2009) full premium user disappointed at the loss of Atlas view (or ANY location functionality at all) in the iOS app. I can't understand why it is available in the Mac application but not on our phones,* which are what we usually have with us when we are away from home and office. 

*NOTE TO EVERNOTE: PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE ABOVE COMMENT AS A REASON TO ELIMINATE THE ATLAS VIEW IN THE MAC APP.

Seriously, it has been 5 months since Atlas view was eliminated, and I haven't seen the promised "filter" to replace it. 

• Like 1

The realisation that the removal of the Atlas facility is deliberate act has just made Evernote a very much less appealing product. 

The best thing going for EverNote (that has become far slower to function) was the ability to look at your information by location a fast and sure way of finding stuff

Getting rid of Atlas is a awful brain dead thing to have done IMO

• Like 2
On 28.10.2017 at 10:00 PM, DTLow said:

I don't understand your point; Evernote's Basic Account level is also free (and also doesn't have Atlas)

yep, missing Atlas was the trigger to switch to OneNote - even if there is no Atlas, too - the free version of OneNote has much more functionality than EN free - bad, I‘m (or was) a big Evernote fan. But it‘s over.

It's really a disappointment. I wanted to start using Evernote for journalling along with note taking, but without the Atlas feature it makes it less useful. Going to start using DayOne app again, it has an atlas equivalent. Please bring back the map, Evernote!

• Level 5*
On 2017-12-08 at 3:36 PM, Dezer1970 said:

Extremely disappointing that this has been removed & even more frustrating that Evernote is choosing to ignore our feedback for so long & do nothing about it?

Very uncharacteristic for Evernote. 

On 2018-02-02 at 8:17 PM, Dezer1970 said:

Yes very disappointing from Evernote.  It appears they do not listen to user feedback let alone take it on board.

We got it; you're disappointed :(

Evernote is paying for these forums to obtain user feedback.  This is one of the factors that influence Evernote's development. The actual quote is One thing to remember: popularity does not mean implementation. Our forums are one component of the decisions we make, and while a bunch of ideas have merit, we need to be selective and always balancing priorities. 

To indicate your support for this request use the voting buttons at the top left corner of the discussion

• Like 1

Ok we get it, even though Evernote is “paying for these forums to obtain user feedback” your response indicates you’d rather not receive my feedback. 

To be clear, we are not even asking Evernote to develop anything. Evernote already invested in the development of this feature when they introduced it some time ago. We are simply asking Evernote to restore a feature that was previously available - no development required. 

Your response also reinforces to me that Evernote has wasted its time & money on this forum - only to ignore user feedback.  

Your quote “One thing to remember: popularity does not mean implementation” is contradictory & confusing as the forum is based on a popular voting system creating a perception that popularity does in fact determine decisions. 

Atlas - was one to best functions of Evernote. Sometime I have no time to put a note to specific library, I can found my notes by places a wrote them.

I am using Evernote from almost beginning of this app, I get Premium account to support the team. But after deleting this function, im very disappointed.

Please, return maps to Evernote.

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, stocky2605 said:

(OneNote doesn‘t have Atlas, I know, But it‘s free)

I don't understand your point; Evernote's Basic Account level is also free (and also doesn't have Atlas)

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Dezer1970 said:

Ok we get it, even though Evernote is “paying for these forums to obtain user feedback” your response indicates you’d rather not receive my feedback. 

Just to be clear, this is a user discussion forum.  
We're both users and not Evernote employees.  Our posts represent personal feedback in the discussion

I am intrested in posts that provide information, or constructive criticism,
I'm not interested in the "Boohoo, Evernote is so bad" posts

>>creating a perception that popularity does in fact determine decisions. 

My understanding is that popularity is one of the factors that influences decisions.  
That's why I encourage users to add their vote to the requests

Thank you for clarifying DTLow. I do owe you an apology. I must confess I was under the wrong perception that you were an employee of Evernote pretending to be a user based on your responses.  Subsequently, it has just occurred to me that I am also probably under the wrong perception that expressing some constructive feedback on my experiences of Evernote about this issue, will make any difference at all.

It's a great feature that used to be available and Evernote has chosen to remove it without any explanation.  Obviously, there are a lot of users that like it, found it very helpful and would be very grateful if it was simply restored.

Surely it is not that hard or expensive to return it, so I cannot understand why Evernote would want to ignore this but would genuinely like to understand?  I think it is poor customer service which Evernote would want to be aware of but If you think "Evernote is bad" because of this, then hopefully Evernote might pay some attention?

I decided to end my Premium account with Evernote. They seem to not to listen to their users about features that are important to them and will take away a function that users are using. I know there is currently no other notetaking software for the PC that has this feature. I wish them the best maybe I might be back in the future who knows.

I love Evernote, but this was for a large part based on this feature.

As I've had similar issues with even more reputable companies, and this is a critical feature, I'm considering moving to something like Perkeep (aka Camlistore). A bit of work to set it up, but it is free and one is no longer beholden to the arbitrary decisions of companies.

Either way, be sure to export your notes before that feature is taken when you're considering moving away!

As a prior previous Premium member the Atlas feature was phenomenal. 

That’s “THE” reason I’ve continued my personal journaling in this tool after dropping years and years of  premium subscription - having confidence knowing it was there and I could always go back and view it.  Now no Atlas ( *just* looked for it tonight - after a while)

==> My work forced me (not unreasonably) to move all notes/journaling to an approved solution they contorlled to avoid idea theft etc
Evernote helped that one along when they decided to QA against our live data a couple years ago, but backed down after public outrage — the damage was done.

*bummer*

On 1/18/2017 at 10:46 AM, renneranderson said:

I just downloaded Evernote 8.0.351713 for iPhone and discovered that I have lost the Atlas (or Map) feature.  This was one of my favorite features of Evernote and now it's no longer available on any platform.  It used to be available on both iOS and Windows and now neither.

This needs done asap

Still no Atlas option as per October 2019. We have to use IdeaPlaces with double the size of the apps with all our notes/photos/... on our devices.

Please bring back an option to see all our notes geolocalized on a map.