Can I use any stylus?

Ian Stark

I appreciate that there is a specific stylus designed to work hand in hand with Penultimate, but can any stylus be used, even though the full functionality of that stylus may not be utilised? I have just bought a Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus 2 which is specifically to be used with the Adobe Sketch and Draw apps, but having just come across Penultimate I am hoping that I can use them together. It's the one thing that will encourage me to upgrade to a full Evernote account so I can sync between desktop, iPhone and iPad (the device I would use for note taking with the stylus, but not currently syncing since Evernote restricted the number of devices on the basic account). 

I see others have asked for specific support for the Wacom stylus in Evernote and I wonder what the status of that is?

• Level 5*

No problem.  AFAIK the app is a general purpose writing tool (I'm not a user).  There are other apps,  including some that will,  I'm sure,  be recommended by Wacom.  If you prefer one of those apps to Penultimate,  don't forget you can still attach the file to a note,  and open it on any of your devices that supports the same software...

Hi. I've actually sent the stylus back to Amazon! It certainly didn't work well with Penultimate and it was dreadful with the Adobe apps (there is a 4-5mm offset between the point and the stroke, making it nigh on impossible to do anything with any level of precision). I bought Goodnotes to see how that got on with the stylus and things were marginally better there. Trouble is the integration with Evernote is not as slick. I am going to try a different stylus and see if I get on better. I may even bite the bullet and buy the Evernote recommended one! Thanks again for your advice. Much appreciated.

Archived