CLW

Evernote 8.0 image thumbnail does not show up in the note list

I have notes that have photos in them but I cannot get the photos or photo to show up in the note list.  

The majority of my notes that have photos do show up in the note list but I have a lot that don't for some reason!

Any ideas?

Hi.  There seems to be a conversion process of some kind when the update is installed - has this completed on your device?  It might just be a matter of waiting...

Thanks for your response,  I checked and it says that it has updated.

The photo is still in the note but again I does not show up in the note list.

I use the photos in the note list when I am looking for something.

I went into note list and changed view a couple of time to see if that would help.

I copied the photo then deleted it from the note then re-pasted it to the note and it still does not show up in the note list.

9 hours ago, pzaldivar said:

Same problem here, using desktop version 6.5.4.4720 on Windows 10

Hi.  This is an iOS thread - please repost in the Windows forum.

11 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  This is an iOS thread - please repost in the Windows forum.

Actually I also have the problem on IOS.  It is the same note I am looking at on both platforms; they both have a thumbnail photo and when I open the actual note, no photo, not even an attachment.

You could try copying the contents to a new note.  This will force Evernote to redo the thumbnail production process

My experience is the thumbnails are redone at every note change.  No idea what went wrong for your notes 

;) OK I'll give you that one.  If @DTLow's tip doesn't work,  try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  (If you have any notebooks set for 'offline searching' you would have to re-sync the content)