Great update... except presentation mode!

TimAndSmith

Idea

Tragam de volta o modo de apresentação para o iOS! Sou apresentador e essa função é a que mais eu usa (usava :( ). Absurdo do nda tirarem uma função e deixarem os usuários na mão, em especial pq era uma função PREMIUM! Pago para usar o app e essa função. Aguardo por uma atualização e o retorno do modo apresentação no iOS. Ouçam os seus usuários e Pagantes. Obrigado ps- fiquei muito revoltado ao descobrir que essa função sumiu, afinal nem avisados fomos. 

Presentation mode is a key element in the infrastructure of Evernote for many of your users. Not having this dramatically affects the workflow of those who you are here to serve. Please do us all the great service and bring back presentation mode to iOS. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
11 hours ago, Joespeeder said:

I will check out Bear and switch

Presentation mode is important to you so you are switching to a product that  doesn't have presentation mode?

Good bye,  Good Luck 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:53 PM, DTLow said:

Presentation mode is important to you so you are switching to a product that  doesn't have presentation mode?

Good bye,  Good Luck 

It doesn't look like they will bring it back. It's been over a year now... I'm definitely looking for comparable vendors. This feature was a key driver in my decision to purchase premium. I understand the moral behind allocating resources to better features, but when you are paying for the product, not the free version, and you are specifically paying for a key feature, this is non-sensible. Simplifying is great but there aren't many features to maintain as is.

Absolutely think this is a requirement.

This use case seems to be one of the most important Evernote use cases:

- Give a presentation using the notes on an iPad or iPhone.

And for that, presentation mode makes perfect sense. Even if we could just get a simplified mode that makes everything larger and removes the buttons/keyboard actions. 

For such a great product it is very disappointing to see such a big oversight. 

Just unbelievable. How could Evernote remove presentation mode from the iPhone/iPad apps?

I was used to go with Evernote in iPhone in my lectures without the need to carry extra hardware. Connected the iPhone to the projector, activated presentation and voila. I could go on with the conference without needing anything else.

How could they remove a so useful feature?

And why has Evernote not posted even one answer to the thread after more than a year? Totally unacceptable.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Thorz said:

How could Evernote remove presentation mode from the iPhone/iPad apps?

For technical or commercial reasons?

4 hours ago, Thorz said:

why has Evernote not posted even one answer to the thread after more than a year?

Evernote has (AFAIK) never explained a decision to remove a feature - presumably because they don't have to do so,  and because having taken a commercial decision they're not likely to amend it because they receive less than 100 complaints from 225M users.  Plus that decision is now nearly 2 years old...

I echo this. I use Evernote to create a note to display information on products I sell. It would be extremely helpful to be able to present from an iOS device. If I don’t have my laptop I pretty much need to create the same note in Keynote or PowerPoint in order to present from my iPhone. I would also like to embed video in a note.

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-25 at 11:53 AM, pgdahl said:

Evernote decided to remove the presentation feature from iOS because

Sure, lets blame Android   :)

My thinking is two possibilities

1. Our mobile devices just don't have the power for that function
  2. There is a Cost for maintaing each function / each platform.  Evernote did a review and decided it wasn't worth the cost for Presentation in IOS
  • Like 2