8.0 Reminders View for Shortcuts (IOS and mobile)

david grant

Idea

Maybe I'm missing this, but I was previously able to call up my reminders separately from a shortcut view by tapping the reminders button on the top or bottom (strange that it bumped around). With 8.0, I can see my reminders in the general "notes" area by selecting "Reminders" from the top. It then shows all reminders in order of due date, BUT my shortcuts no longer have the ability to view reminders by due date. I can only arrange by created date or edited date for all notes.

This is important if you hope to manage reminders for specific tags or notebooks - to exclude non-associated reminders... like say... shared notebooks. I can see reminders owned by others within a notebook I do not own. I want the ability to restrict my todo list to what is definitely mine, within the category I have defined.

Looks great though.

7 replies to this idea

The look and feel is OK - but reminders are a complete stuff up!  I don't want to see reminders for notes in other people notebooks that are shared with me.

The notebooks are shared with me so I can see the information contained in the Notebooks.  But someone else assigns reminders as they need to work on these notes - I don't need to and don't want to see the reminders that other people assign - I want to only see the reminders that I have assigned to notes that are in 'my' notebook and that I am working on!

It still works like this on the PC version - why h ave you changed the iOS version!!!!!

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-22 at 9:12 PM, michaelrrush said:

The look and feel is OK - but reminders are a complete stuff up!  I don't want to see reminders for notes in other people notebooks that are shared with me.

The notebooks are shared with me so I can see the information contained in the Notebooks.  But someone else assigns reminders as they need to work on these notes - I don't need to and don't want to see the reminders that other people assign - I want to only see the reminders that I have assigned to notes that are in 'my' notebook and that I am working on!

There is a feature request posted for adding reminder date sequence.  
Please review and indicate your support using the voting buttons in the top left corner

edited: This was an error - Reminders do display in due date sequence

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-17 at 2:19 PM, david grant said:

This is important if you hope to manage reminders for specific tags or notebooks - to exclude non-associated reminders... like say... shared notebooks. I can see reminders owned by others within a notebook I do not own. I want the ability to restrict my todo list to what is definitely mine, within the category I have defined.

36 minutes ago, michaelrrush said:

You can use a saved search to limit the reminders you see
Examples:

•  Put your reminder Notebooks in a stack, and add to your search      stack:xxxx
    You can also specify    notebook:xxx   but only a single entry
  • Add a tag to your reminders, and add to your search                          tag:xxxx

Search documentation is at   Evernote Search Grammar

Tks for the info on a Saved Search DTLow.

Not sure I follow you about the stack.  Are you saying create a stack, and just put the Notebooks that have the reminders I want to see into the stack?

When you say create a saved search like "stack:xxxx", what is the "xxxx"?  Is this the name of the Stack?

Tks again,  M

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, michaelrrush said:

Not sure I follow you about the stack.  Are you saying create a stack, and just put the Notebooks that have the reminders I want to see into the stack?

When you say create a saved search like "stack:xxxx", what is the "xxxx"?  Is this the name of the Stack?

Yes, I used xxxx for the name of the stack, and the Notebooks in the stack

When you look at your reminders, there's a search box on the panel.  You can type in stack:xxxx to restrict the list to your selected notebooks

Archived