Copy Paste Bullet list to Word fails

If I make a bulleted list in Evernote then try to copy and paste it into Microsoft Word the formatting goes all wonky.  The bullets lose their hierarchy in Word (they all appear left justified) though they still maintain their style.  There is no simple way to remedy this.  This undermines Evernote's role in Office-related workflows.  Add onto this the recent dramatic loss of privacy which allows Evernote employees to read my notes and it may be time to just switch to OneNote.

Even if you paste it as unformatted text it still includes hyphens at the start of every line.

Any way to get a bulleted list to be formatted correctly when pasting into Microsoft Word and other MS products? 

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 11.18.51 AM.png

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
18 hours ago, ACA1 said:

It's been nearly 2 months and still the issue persists.  Do we even know if they working to fix this?

No,  sorry - Like most companies Evernote don't (usually) do progress announcements or trail releases ahead of time...

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2017 at 5:42 PM, gazumped said:

No,  sorry - Like most companies Evernote don't (usually) do progress announcements or trail releases ahead of time...

Same problem for me :(

I wish that Evernote would fix this issue. I used to have a paid subscription, but rarely use Evernote anymore.

I'm stuck with using crappy OneNote, and on a mac it's really crappy :(  (maybe that's why it's free? :D )

As a law student I often have to copy-paste from either MS word or powerpoint, without this function, Evernote has become obsolete.

Please and I really mean please Evernote-team, do your best to fix this issue, and as fast as you possible can! I would love to come back!

Thank you!

Rasmus

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

It works if copying the list from an instance of Evernote opened within Safari (and potentially all other web browsers). This worked for both circular bullets and numerical bullets. The same list's bullet format was not maintained when copied from the Evernote application, on my Mac, to Word. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Adding my vote for a feature fix from Evernote for pasting lists. Most of my notes have at least one list. Not being able to copy/paste into Word (for blog posts), Outlook (for work email), or even a basic Google Doc (for collaborating) is infuriating.

Please fix this, Evernote. You make a note application. This seems like basic functionality.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, inkytea said:

Please fix this, Evernote. You make a note application. This seems like basic functionality.

Hi.  Which version of the Evernote client are you using?  They've shown improvements in recent versions,  and there's a new Chrome web interface out there somewhere...

• 5 months later...

+ 1
Also fails when copying a bulleted list into a (apple) Mail document, which I do many times daily. 
To be fair, bulleted list copy-and-paste so often fails from ANY app to ANY other company's apps, not just EN.  I just don't understand why there isn't a standard formula/code for how to handle bulleted lists that can work cross-applications.  Huge time waster in my life. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I am a loyal Evernote user albeit Evernote's lack of response in address this issue is making me question that loyalty! It is a pain having to reformat bullets everytime I copy into a 3rd party app such as Word, Powerpoint etc.

• Level 5*
On 5/17/2022 at 3:35 PM, LJJW said:

Evernote's lack of response in address this issue

Hi.  I doubt they're aware that a response is expected - this thread was silent for 2 years before your comment,  and it's for the 'old' -now unsupported- Legacy version of Evernote.  I'd suggest the best course of action would be to use the new Evernote v10 if you're not already doing so and reach out to Support with details of any operations you're trying to complete that don't work.  If everyone feeds back their experience the company can build a picture of where improvements are necessary and how urgent it is for them to address particular issues.