iOS app version 8.0 crashes on launch

2 minutes ago, Lslukas said:

I select my devices and continue and then I get a screen that tells me that I will be logged out of my current device, or I can upgrade. No other options. thats it. This screen about being logged out appears on both my iPad and my iMac, which i did not upgrade. Screen still appears. Stuck not being able to use either of the chosen devices. I took a screen shot but its apparently too large a file to upload here. 

I'd really appreciate some help with this. I don't need the bells and whistles, I don't need to upgrade. I barely use my phone for anything but calls

I had something similar happen to me. I think this may work. Sign into the web version of EN, click on the Account icon at the bottom left of the screen, select Settings, then Devices, and hopefully you can fix the problem there.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Lslukas said:

That little log out screen stops any access to the menu except to upgrade.  

I think I've recreated your situation. Attached are screen shots of the first windows that pop up on my mac, iPhone, and iPad. Is this what you first saw?

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 2.47.28 PM.png

Oops -

That is the first screen to arise. Choose the devices, and then another screen coms up that says you will be logged out of your current device. and if you try it it does that and it just keeps happening. 

If Evernote is discontinuing the free subscription they should just say so outright. I'm now very annoyed at the amount of time figuring this out is taking, and very unlikely to upgrade. 

Ok, I think I got that yesterday when I upgraded. Go ahead and log out.

I put the below in an earlier post. If you haven't already tried it, then I think you should. I think you've got to reselect your devices there. It seems like I got some prompt that sent me there, but I'm not sure. Let me know.

44 minutes ago, jim.g said:

I had something similar happen to me. I think this may work. Sign into the web version of EN, click on the Account icon at the bottom left of the screen, select Settings, then Devices, and hopefully you can fix the problem there.

aw jeez. I just went through the whole thing of having to choose 2 devices. Back to the same old. the screen that showed my choices had the first choice as iPhone(iPad) and said that was my current device, which I am now logged out of. The other 2 choices were iMac and iPad, which I chose. And all this after I did what you said above. 

I will come back to this later as I have an appointment. Im really appreciating all your help jim.g. Thanks so much.

Ok, one more suggestion. Do a full quit of EN on all devices. Go to Devices on web EN and revoke access for all listed devices. This will force a login on each device. Then open EN on each device. When you do, you will be redirected to a sign-in screen. Login and everything should be working.

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 3.45.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 3.46.59 PM.png

IMG_1632.jpg

I must say, I never expected to update Evernote to be left hanging by a non-functioning application. I depend on Evernote and without it, I'm on a deserted island.  Please fix soon, as this is impacting every aspect of my personal and business life. 

I too have to much data to be messing with deleting and re-installing the app so please update and upload to Apple. 

Thank you so much. I know you guys are the best and stuff does happen and you have never let me down before. Cheers!

PLEASE let us "update" back down to the old version right away so we can function while you are figuring this out.  And email us as soon as we are able to do so.  Thank you. 

53 minutes ago, Lslukas said:

Many many thanks jim.g - app now functioning perfectly on both devices. Thanks so much for all your help. Mwah!

@Lslukas, that's fantastic. I should have gotten you to do that from the beginning. So glad it finally fixed your problem.

Same problem when installing the update on my iPad. I had to remove it and then reinstalling it to have it working again. Now it crashes when I tried to open a pdf file and annotate it. Evernote was very reliable and now is completely unusable on the iPad.

Ugh, I had to uninstall and reinstall on ipad.. luckily I'm on WiFi to RE-download all the data/notes etc.
Also I have an Android, so that hasn't been hit with an update.
But what I really wanted to say was YUCK ... I totally HATE the look of the latest update .... I REALLY liked it before, wish one could downgrade versions!!

I was away from home when this happened so I was without my shopping list at the grocery store.  I'm home now and have reinstalled.  It works but I don't have my groceries.  I'm a programmer, I get it, bugs happen.  But as a workaround while at the store I went to the web and wished this decision hadn't been made...  Any chance of reconsidering this?

2017-01-21 13.02.30.png

This is the second time in recent memory that an update was a total fail! Rebooting my phone did not work, and I, like many others, don't want to delete the app. Make it work before you force an update and inconvenience/panic your customers.

I've reinstalled on both iPhone & iPad - Evernote now opens but I have no access to my notes and I agree with several other people, the new version looks horrible.   If you could just give us the option of reverting to the previous version that would be brilliant.  Worst update ever :( 

So what is the fix for the crashing that doesn't burn large data cost paid for by Me!!

surely this was tested before launch!!

Is there a 'fix' 'update' Evernote?

i am a currently a premium user and don't generally expect this level of disruption to my business from a failed app update

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, taoduh said:

I was away from home when this happened so I was without my shopping list at the grocery store.  I'm home now and have reinstalled.  It works but I don't have my groceries.  I'm a programmer, I get it, bugs happen.  But as a workaround while at the store I went to the web and wished this decision hadn't been made...  Any chance of reconsidering this?

Can't help with the quality of the update or internet access, but I might suggest Wunderlist for grocery lists.  Great free app for such.  

20 hours ago, taoduh said:

I hope the developers realize how impactful it is for an Evernote release to be DOA; I was on the road, expecting to be able to use my notes. Now I'm questioning if Evernote is what I should be depending on!

At a minimum, we deserve an announcement of what went wrong and why Beta testing didn't catch it. (Or do you not even use Beta testers?)

I'm having the same issue as everyone here. After the update (8.0.1) on my iPhone 6 plus, running iOS 10.2, the app crashes upon trying to open it.

I can not believe the recommendation is to uninstall and reinstall the app on my phone. I have thousands of notes. I am a paying Premium user. This kind of "solution" is unacceptable. The update should not have caused this issue to occur in the first place!!

Yes, I have gone through all my devices to make sure notes are synched and that I have restarted those devices as well. That did not solve the problem.

My solution: I eventually had to delete the app on my phone and reinstall it. That fixed the problem. It didn't take very long to get all notes to reappear in the app. 

I am a premium user, I use Evernote constantly, but it is completely useless now. The app crashes 5-10 seconds after launch, and for those few seconds it's open it is laggy and unusable. 

I have deleted, restarted, reinstalled, etc in every combination I can think of several times, the furthest I've ever gotten is one word into a note. 

Please, this is not the level of quality control I expect from a $60/yr app. Most of the features I need I could get for free elsewhere, so I feel pretty bad paying to get absolutely nothing right now. 

Also, on iPad, PDF annotation is gone—one of the largest reasons I paid for Evernote in the first place.  

Well I have been having the crash on opening problem on my iPad Air 2 since I updated to Evernote 8.0.1....I just now updated to Evernote 8.0.2 and it STILL CRASHES ON OPENING on my iPad running IOS 10.2.  Please get a real fix for this problem...I have already closed up the app & restarted iPad several times to no avail.  And please don't advise me to delete the app and reinstall...with almost 29,000 notes  on my device that is just a non starter solution!!!  So very disappointed with this!!

Same issue here ... just downloaded the latest version released today (8.02) and hasn't fixed the app crashing on iOS 10.2 issue .... hopefully somebody at EN will get this sorted! 

Really loathe to delete app, reinstall and then download all my data again! 

IOS 9.3.5 Ipad 3. Last update of the Evernote hasn't fixed the issue, the app still crushed after opening. I have to reinstall the app, now it works. But how much troubles and wasted time... I am a premium user, by the way. Not sure that I'll buy a premium account next time... 

On 1/20/2017 at 6:26 PM, Edwin Diaz said:

I must say, I never expected to update Evernote to be left hanging by a non-functioning application. I depend on Evernote and without it, I'm on a deserted island.  Please fix soon, as this is impacting every aspect of my personal and business life.

v8.0.2 crashes on startup on my iPhone. Give me a rollback. Give me something so I can function!!

I really thought EN learned it's lesson with the new version debacle a few years ago - obviously not! Lesson 1: First - Do no Harm!, Lesson 2: repeat Lesson 1.

Aaaargh!!

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Mizz said:

App crashes on launch.  If I delete the app and reinstall, will I lose all notes?

If you have synced, the master version of your notes is on the Evernote servers.  You won't lose notes by reinstalling

Also a problem with this new version: HOW DO YOU SELECT ALL NOTES WITH A CERTAIN TAG? I used that feature all the time and cannot figure out how to use it with new version. That is, I couldn't figure it out prior to crashing. Again. PLEASE REVERT TO OLD VERSION!!!!

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, katpiper said:

Also a problem with this new version: HOW DO YOU SELECT ALL NOTES WITH A CERTAIN TAG? I used that feature all the time and cannot figure out how to use it with new version. 

I thought that was the new improved feature

Select All Notes; click on the tag icon; select the tags for searching

Of course you can always type tag:xxxx in the search box

Had the same issue ... immediate crash when opening 8.0.  Waited for an update -- loaded 8.0.2 this morning.  No change.

After working through the troubleshooting steps in the web help (except for the step of making sure my stuff is synced -- if the app won't open that is impossible, right?), I finally bit the bullet and deleted / reinstalled.  That worked, but we shouldn't have to delete and reinstall just because of an update.

Evernote, hope you are monitoring this thread.  A lot of people are having this problem, and we'd like you to be more careful with future updates.  Thanks!

I contacted tech support, I was told to delete and reinstall even though I had just told them I've done that six times already!! (Don't they listen??????)

i said I wanted a way to return to an earlier version, they said Apple don't allow that, I should ask Apple to make that possible.

yeah like that would happen sometime in the next few years, and anyway, who developed Evernote? It wasn't  Apple. I told the guy that suggestion was a poor cop-out for badly messing up a great app.

fed up with Evernote and their tech support is rubbish.

Caught out with my iPhone, needed a reservation number, Evernote crashes.  Pull out my iPad, same thing.  Surf to this forum with iPad, and try to download and reinstall.  And my password for Evernote...is stored in Evernote.  OK I agree that's dumb, but they have developed a product which people completely depend on, and once you get in the habit of using it, it becomes second nature.  

As others have said, they broke the most important rule of upgrading software - don't do harm.  Bugs happen, I get it, I'm in the software business too.  But having your product be completely inoperable on upgrade, on one of your major platforms, is unacceptable.  Now I'm thinking I need to carry a thumb drive with an HTML backup of Evernote...an encrypted thumb drive of course.  Pain in the a&&.

On the bright side, I no longer get error messages when I'm offline (i.e., airplane mode).  Notes pop up just fine.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Edwin Diaz said:

What they should do is make a small update or tweak on the last working code and resubmit it to Apple add an update. 

There have been two hot fixes posted.  We're at version 8.0.2 now

Same crash problem on iPad. Updating to iOS 10.2.1 won´t fix the problem. Only solution is to uninstall and install... VERY disappointed, specially having the paid version of EN. Personal configuration of the app. is lost after re install (i.e. preferred image & audio size). Hope they fixed the performance issue when having a note with many images. New design does not look better or more user friendly. I cannot annotate a PDF now? They removed the functionality? New version, less capabilities, really? :-( 

On 1/22/2017 at 2:15 AM, ssm said:

PLEASE let us "update" back down to the old version right away so we can function while you are figuring this out.  And email us as soon as we are able to do so.  Thank you. 

They wont do that, I asked, they just blamed Apple for not allowing reverting to previous versions.

Happy days! who was it here suggested revoking access to all devices? well that seems to have fixed it! Note: this didn't come from tech support, but from this forum. thanks, ios version seems to be working and not crashing.

So much time wasted. I shall be very very wary of upgrades and will not stop looking for a solid alternative to EN.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, tassiecelt said:

They wont do that, I asked, they just blamed Apple for not allowing reverting to previous versions.

I don't know about blame, but you do have to use Apple to upgrade/downgrade.  There are posts in this discussion describing the process for reverting versions

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Ramiro M said:

I cannot annotate a PDF now? They removed the functionality?

PDF annotation was a known bug.  It's been fixed with the latest software version

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Tahitoe said:

Crashed on my iPhone and iPad. Same with my wife. Best solution is to wait for 8.1. Does anyone here know when we can expect that?

I'm sure 8.1 will be more stable, but for those locked into 8.0, hot fix updates are being rolled out.  We're at 8.0.2 now

I have the same crash-on-launch problem on my iPad updated to iOS 10.2.1.  Evernote is currently updated to the latest version (8.0.2 ).  I tried to reboot my device and the app, but it still does not work. I definetly CANNOT uninstall and reinstall the app because I CANNOT lose my unsync notes. Evernote was working well just last week, yesterday I needed it again and boom, it won't work. I need the app and i CANNOT reinstall because the notes inside are very very important for me, I sync my notes often, but not so often! not everyday! So it's impossibile to me to lose them, I need another solution. I am a premium member, I payed my money for this service and you can't tell me "reinstall and lose some notes" to troubleshoot this problem, this is unacceptable. Give me another practical, applicable, solution asap! Thank you all.

10 minutes ago, katpiper said:

Here's an idea: EN should take the old version (the one everyone liked because it worked) and call it 8.1 and release it as an "update"

Luv it! Great.

That would be, as per today, an "alternative update" ...

I am still wondering - as somebody who took part in various beta test of EN for various platforms for new major releases - why EN did not make use of the many EN users who are willing to take part in beta testing. 90% of the problems, hickups, foulups, bugs surely would have turned up in beta testing ... and would have saved us all the shitstorm regarding design (which can be experienced with almost every major update or release but here goes beyond common protests due to the technical deficiencies of the new version 8.0 and 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 and ???).

Pity. As well that there is no adequate proactive crisis communication by EN on this truly disastrous update experience.

Cheers, EvB

3 minutes ago, evb said:

Luv it! Great.

That would be, as per today, an "alternative update" ...

I am still wondering - as somebody who took part in various beta test of EN for various platforms for new major releases - why EN did not make use of the many EN users who are willing to take part in beta testing. 90% of the problems, hickups, foulups, bugs surely would have turned up in beta testing ... and would have saved us all the shitstorm regarding design (which can be experienced with almost every major update or release but here goes beyond common protests due to the technical deficiencies of the new version 8.0 and 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 and ???).

Pity. As well that there is no adequate proactive crisis communication by EN on this truly disastrous update experience.

Cheers, EvB

Well put. I would happily be a beta tester. I already am for the macOS beta.

So much for convenience of a portable device.  I will now begin to export 137 note files from "NeverNote" to some other tool.  Thanks for the extra work, I needed extra work like a hole in the head.  I can't consider NeverNote a productivity tool if it takes me several hours to port my notes to a non-portable platform and then back to some other tool.  

I reiterate my previous comment: A NOTE TAKING TOOL ABSOLUTELY MUST BE AS EASY AND FAST TO ACCESS AND USE AS PEN AND PAPER.

Well, NeverNote, you lost my vote.  What tool will other people in this forum be switching to?

On 19/01/2017 at 2:09 PM, petepope said:

Same problems here. Only fix was to delete and reinstall. I HATE the new format. Makes getting to the notes I want a lot more difficult and navigation is also more complex. Bring back the old method of organization and access to notes. New version sucks.

This version looks like it was designed for a phone so on an iPad it more than awkward to use. Try looking at this on a full size iPad, it's just dreadful. I really dont like it at all. I was a huge Evernote fan and am now terribly disappointed. I am now worried that the Mac version will be changed to this new format so I have little choice to find another product.

10 minutes ago, Leftie said:

So much for convenience of a portable device.  I will now begin to export 137 note files from "NeverNote" to some other tool.  Thanks for the extra work, I needed extra work like a hole in the head.  I can't consider NeverNote a productivity tool if it takes me several hours to port my notes to a non-portable platform and then back to some other tool.  

I reiterate my previous comment: A NOTE TAKING TOOL ABSOLUTELY MUST BE AS EASY AND FAST TO ACCESS AND USE AS PEN AND PAPER.

Well, NeverNote, you lost my vote.  What tool will other people in this forum be switching to?

Moving notes to Apple Notes on the IPad. The old Evernote was miles better of course but that's gone now. I am keeping Evernote on my Mac but this is serious inconvenience.

6 hours ago, tassiecelt said:

Happy days! who was it here suggested revoking access to all devices? well that seems to have fixed it! Note: this didn't come from tech support, but from this forum. thanks, ios version seems to be working and not crashing.

So much time wasted. I shall be very very wary of upgrades and will not stop looking for a solid alternative to EN.

Yes! Thank you to whoever suggested revoking ALL devices. That does seem to work! Not much help for those who have unsynced notes on their iPads, tho. 

4 minutes ago, katpiper said:

Yes! Thank you to whoever suggested revoking ALL devices. That does seem to work! Not much help for those who have unsynced notes on their iPads, tho. 

I didn't find that original post, how does one "revoke" devices?  I assume it involves visiting the Evernote.com website?  Where are those settings?  Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Leftie said:

I didn't find that original post, how does one "revoke" devices?  I assume it involves visiting the Evernote.com website?  Where are those settings?  Thanks in advance!

User Settings > My Accounts > Devices

Before revoking access to a device, you should sync and log out

37 minutes ago, DTLow said:

User Settings > My Accounts > Devices

Before revoking access to devices, you should sync and log out

Thank you for the instructions.  I'm sorry to say that revoking device access, closing Evernote on my iPad, restarting the iPad, and opening Evernote gives the same crash-on-launch problem.  IO IO, to recover notes I go.  

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, Leftie said:

opening Evernote gives the same crash-on-launch problem.  IO IO, to recover notes I go.  

Since EN on the iPad is bricked, I would fall back to using the web platform to access my notes

Warning: The view is not optimized for the iPad and usually the client software is a better user experience (not today:()

3 minutes ago, DidcotBob said:

I tried a reinstall and it made no difference. I get timeouts on synching and can't see my notes. Reduced to using my Windows phone which works fine. The app worked fine as it was and now doesn't at all. *****.

So people have apparently had success by revoking access to all their devices as mentioned here:

41 minutes ago, jim.g said:

So people have apparently had success by revoking access to all their devices as mentioned here:

Thanks for the tip, I was updating the iOS as you were replying. That seems to have done the trick (aside from one note that was showing that had been moved to a different Notebook!) . I will remember the revoke devices tip just in case.

I have deleted and downloaded "fresh" copies of Evernote five times now, resetting my IPad and IPhone each time, and still the app crashes upon opening.  Clearly, the recommended workaround/fix DOES NOT solve the problem.  I am a premium user and I filed a support ticket two days ago but have yet to receive a response.  I am willing to try "revoking access," but I can't sync or logout before trying this approach if I can't get into the app in the first place. Is it dangerous to revoke without having synced?

17 hours ago, DidcotBob said:

Thanks for the tip, I was updating the iOS as you were replying. That seems to have done the trick (aside from one note that was showing that had been moved to a different Notebook!) . I will remember the revoke devices tip just in case.

I tried this and it did not work. It all depends on the device being used I guess. 

22 hours ago, evb said:

In an attempt to formalize this comment, I've suggested that Evernote actually utilize beta testers >> here:

EN auto updated its app on  my IPad yesterday (1-24). I restarted and the app booted as usual, worked fine for about ten minutes, and then reverted to crashing.  Back to square one.  Still no response to my support ticket.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Harper1 said:

EN auto updated its app on  my IPad yesterday (1-24). I restarted and the app booted as usual, worked fine for about ten minutes, and then reverted to crashing.  Back to square one.  Still no response to my support ticket.

You might want to follow the release discussion posts.  I don't think Support staff are participating at this point

I have been using Evernote for years and all of the sudden it won't load on my iPhone (iOS 10.2.1).  I have restarted phone, updated iOS, updated Evernote.  All to no avail.  It starts to load, then that window kicks to the background and never loads.  

Suggestions?

Well, a complete delete and re-install did work. But no one should have to do that....

Organizations, like the people in them, have limits. This upgrade is a major fail. I'm still using the last release of the Firefox add-in because the latest one doesn't work. The performance of the PC app is dog-slow, especially when starting up, and hasn't improved for quite a while. Encrypted notes aren't handled correctly on the PC. And then there is the privacy *****-up.

Maybe Evernote the company has passed their limit. Time to be absorbed by a company with a more organized management. I would except less innovation for a product that actually works.

just a thought.....

After days of frustration, endlessly searching the forums, and trying every "solution" mentioned, today I got EN to work without crashing by first deleting the app, then restarting the device, downloading EN from the App Store, and signing into EN.  At least for me, the sequence of actions turned out to matter.  I had been deleting the app, downloading a fresh copy and restarting the device last, rather than deleting, restarting, and only then downloading and booting.  Incidentally, following the correct sequence worked on my IPhone the first time I tried it, but I had to do the whole procedure twice with my IPad Air 2.

Evernote just, today January 26, released a new update. However, the new update did not work. It crashes even faster now.

But, I was able to revert back to 7.9. You can follow these instructions http://lifeinlofi.com/2015/12/30/how-to-reinstall-older-versions-of-apps-on-your-iphone-or-ipad/

This will only work if you backup to your computer. I am back to 7.9 after automatic update to 8.0.

On 1/26/2017 at 0:49 PM, markeh said:

Maybe Evernote the company has passed their limit. Time to be absorbed by a company with a more organized management. I would except less innovation for a product that actually works

Slightly off topic but in my opinion this is 100% accurate. At some point EN's management have decided to focus on "upsells" (work chat, context) and "enterprise," so they can get investment money.

I would love to know the revenue breakdown of "enterprise" contracts vs. "pro" subscriptions vs. their investment capital raised ($200+ million). Not that it matters, since I can't imagine any big company client being satisfied with this level of quality control.

Many users must be stuck invested in EN's infrastructure, and dreading a transition to another product.

My iOS app still does not run.

I started with one note in 2003 until microsoft screwed it up and evernote took it over beautifully, importing all the notes and everything.... i have been premium user since 09....now what?  my whole life (music business, dog kennel business, and IT business) depends on evernote.  its my CRM, time tracking, project management, GTD, creativity notepad and lyrics sheet, and of course my shopping list.  Once again, corporate takeovers ***** up my day to day life...  This is drastic.    Looks like going back to text files on the mac with the mac tagging system and icloud... or box.com... I should have developed my own data organizing system years ago... but the convenience of having it on iphone and ipad at all times kept me from doing that... thanks evernote... I will take a couple of days off and see what happens, and maybe I can thank you for a non paid two day vacation if you fix it...  or I have a complete meltdown ...  charge more per month if you have to, but don't do this.... WTF?

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Cito Giulini said:

Looks like going back to text files on the mac with the mac tagging system and icloud

That's what I'm using as backup - exported notes in html format to an iCloud folder; accessible from my Mac and iPad 

I don't use the tagging but I append the metadata to the note contents so it's available for search.  I also store the metadata in a spreadsheet; my version of a database

I haven't figured out a replacement for the Evernote editor

EN started crashing on my iPhone 7 Plus the other day. Now it crashes every time.

Restarted phone - same result.

I deleted the app and reinstalled. Opened app OK, created a note, hung for 30 seconds then crashed.

Hmmh.

I'm feeling I want to downgrade.

Malc

Any news on this @ evernote folks?

I am running EN 8.0.3 on my iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2.1 and my EN crashes constantly after startup. I can not uninstall my app as it contains unsynced contents which I don't want to loose. I tried rebooting my phone, but without any luck.

I need help!

I have the app on my iphone and mac.  My recorded notes wouldn't sync to my mac so I just had them on my iphone.  The app was crashing on my phone so I reinstalled and lost every single one of my recorded notes.  Get your ***** together, Evernote.  

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, odjag said:

I reinstalled and lost every single one of my recorded notes. 

mmm, deleting the Evernote app causes your unsynced notes to be deleted; good to know

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

mmm, deleting the Evernote app causes your unsynced notes to be deleted; good to know

Here's how I made sure I didn't lose anything:

1) I opened my Evernote account in a browser window, verified my files were there.

2) I installed Evernote, and logged into my account on a separate i-device (in this case my iPhone 5)

3) I deleted Evernote from my problem i-device (my iPad)

4) i reinstalled Evernote on my iPad. 

My rationale was that as long as the account existed and was open in other places, that the content would be preserved.  Logical or not, it worked in my case.  I had no unsync'ed notes so I cannot verify that aspect.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Leftie said:

Here's how I made sure I didn't lose anything:

1) I opened my Evernote account in a browser window, verified my files were there.

The problem is the notes are not syncing - the only place they exist is on the device

If this was the Mac, I could do something to save the note data
On the iPhone, I know of no way to save the note data without Evernote if it won't sync
If you can launch the app, you could mail the notes

Archived