Editing and deleting tags on iPad

How do I edit or delete tags in Evernote for iPad? I'm not talking about adding or removing tags from a note, I'm referring to the list of tags that I select from when I want to add a tag to something. I'm revising the way I use tag names, and I want to remove or edit some of the existing tags on the list so I don't have to search through tags I will never use again when attaching a tag to a note. Thanks. 

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, Weedmonkey said:

Well, I guess that's my problem … on the iOS version of EN, I can't seem to figure out how to get to a "Tags window." How do I do that?

There's a new version out today and the notice says

• Tag management has been moved into Account tab > Settings > Manage Tags
    • This is a simplified list, where you can delete tags or add a tag to Shortcuts

The tag management is now a bit of a pain in iOS8 (although so far I like many of the other changes). Is there a way to add a shortcut to the tag window? I probably try to view everything with a specific tag more often than I view everything in a specific notebook.

D'oh ... I didn't even realize the search pane was predictive (iOS on iPad). I kept typing "Tag:" and then was annoyed that Evernote couldn't give me a list of tags. But if I just start typing, no "Tag", then it'll give me a list of possibilities, under Notes / Notebooks / Tags.

OK, that makes me happier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
20 hours ago, digitalpunk said:

I do not see that "Edit" option once in the Manage Tags section. Is the ability to edit tags only available to Evernote Premium users?

We lost the tag edit feature in v8
Not clear if it was an intented feature.  We're waiting to see if it gets rectified

54 minutes ago, DTLow said:

We lost the tag edit feature in v8
Not clear if it was an intented feature.  We're waiting to see if it gets rectified

Thank you for the update.

I did go to Evernote Web and it allows revising the tags there. So it seems to be missing in the mobile version and not tied to subscription level.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/16/2017 at 11:41 AM, digitalpunk said:

Thank you for the update.

I did go to Evernote Web and it allows revising the tags there. So it seems to be missing in the mobile version and not tied to subscription level.

You can’t run Evernote web on an iPad 

wish products would take features away we use

also you should have app work same in all environments 

• Level 5*
57 minutes ago, kshivner said:

You can’t run Evernote web on an iPad 

IMG_2415.png.3942f44b0c67d3c819ef86a8d53f3b65.png

The latest iPad version has tag edit/deleteIMG_2416.jpg.86f5091e20c0c191868f869b5da4dde0.jpg

I use the web platform on my iPad

>>also you should have app work same in all environments 

Does this mean adding mouse support to the iPad, or taking it away from Windows/Mac  ?

I agree the edit feature should not have been missing.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, kshivner said:

How are you doing the web version of Evernote?

I'm using the Safari browser.  

The most recent Evernote version has no restriction.

The previous version blocked from the mobile website.
I switched to the desktop website by long pressing the refresh icon at the end of the address box.

Archived