JEdward

Using Dragon with Evernote – Frustrating

I use Evernote premium with Windows 10. I have been using Dragon NaturallySpeaking for years. However, it is extremely frustrating when you create a new note and Evernote will only let you dictate in the title box. When you move to the actual content area and start dictating, the DragonPad comes up forcing you to dictate and then transfer. If anyone is currently feeling this pain and has found a workaround or solution please share.

This is my biggest problem with Evernote.

I use dictation all the time because I am a terrible typist.

Used to automatically go to the external Dragon WINDOW whenever I tried to dictate into Evernote.

That was not good.

Now even that doesn't work?

Now nothing happens when I tried to dictate.

What I have I done wrong?

On 20/11/2017 at 5:05 PM, Bill Hunsinger said:

What I have I done wrong?

From the lack of replies to the earlier post I'm guessing that Evernote's new editor is not compliant with Dragon - and that's something you'd have to take up with Dragon since Evernote's API is publicly available and (AFAIK) Dragon's is not...

Depending on your Windows version Cortana might be able to help with the dictation...

On 1/13/2017 at 12:00 PM, JEdward said:

I use Evernote premium with Windows 10. I have been using Dragon NaturallySpeaking for years. However, it is extremely frustrating when you create a new note and Evernote will only let you dictate in the title box. When you move to the actual content area and start dictating, the DragonPad comes up forcing you to dictate and then transfer. If anyone is currently feeling this pain and has found a workaround or solution please share.

Did you find any solution for this? Dragon Naturally Speaking is the market leader in its category. It's disappointing it doesn't work well with Evernote. 

For Dragon and Windows my idea would be to use a program that interacts better, and clip the result into EN.

With iOS there is the possibility to dictate through Siri into a EN note. The same possibility exists on the Mac. This goes through the OS-Level, it is no EN feature.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not an iOS user - only PC.