Revert back to a previous note/notebook quickly

~#Tim#~

Idea

revert back to a previous note/notebook quickly

I would like to be able to revert back to a previous note/notebook quickly after jumping to another note to add/modify spontaneously as to not forget something, then failing to remember/search scrolling though to where the last note/notebook was, a quick back button or method would be a relief to go to previous view but still keep the information you just entered. Not a undo function or a history version of a particular note.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

It helps to mention which Evernote client you are using so that people can help you better. I.e., Windows? Mac? Android? iOS? Web?

In the Windows client, Alt+Left Arrow will take you back to the previous note, and I think that that includes context like Notebook or search. Alt+Right Arrow moves you forward again.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ~#Tim#~ said:

revert back to a previous note/notebook quickly

On my Mac, I have arrows for note navigation

This is useful for large notes that I've segmented using note links; my version of outlining

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 3.57.37 AM.png

• Level 5*
On 1/11/2017 at 6:43 AM, jefito said:

In the Windows client, Alt+Left Arrow will take you back to the previous note, and I think that that includes context like Notebook or search. Alt+Right Arrow moves you forward again.

I found moving back and forth so useful and frequently used that I mapped these shortcuts to my mouse's back and forward buttons (Windows). OP, it doesn't get quicker than that!

Archived