Note will not automatically scroll down as I type

As I type a note on my PC, it will not automatically scroll down once I the window is filled with text. My workaround is to stop typing my note, press enter a dozen or so times, then scroll down the page. This method places my text at the top of window and will allow me to see the new text I'm typing. Microsoft Word, Google Docs and every other program contains this feature except Evernote. Please help! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Same problem for me - no resolution yet that I can find.

On Desktop client, when typing a text note, when you get to the bottom of the screen, your text gets hidden unless you use the window scroll bar to drag down and view the bottom of the note.

Really strange bug that must be a simple fix on the form?

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, Eyrm said:

Very annoying issue. Any1 aware if there's an update to when its being fixed?

Seems to be fixed in the current beta...

- but be cautious about using this on data you value...

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
On 4/15/2019 at 12:33 AM, Aloe_plantz said:

Wow, two years later and this is still a problem. I thought the app was glitching and re-installed before I realised this was a living and thriving bug. Shaking my head Evernote. 

Just had to test to check,  but as of 2 years ago,  this "bug" seems to have been fixed.  What versions of Evernote and OS are you running,  and on what device?  

• 3 months later...

Version 6.19.2.8555 (308555) Public (CE Build ce-62.3.7750) on Windows 10. I am experiencing this problem. While it appears to work fine if I just type text - if I create a bullet list the bullets will not trigger a scroll until I type some text in the new bullet line. I would expect it to scroll as soon as the new bullet is created so I can see what I'm typing - as it is the document shifts up as soon as I start typing. Might sound minimal but it's really distracting & degrades the experience. If a bullet doesn't trigger the scroll - one wonders what other forms of input also do not trigger it. 

• 6 months later...
  • Level 5
On 2/1/2020 at 7:42 PM, NICkggggggg said:

I'm using the iPhone app and i have the same problem as well, it's really annoying 

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I believe you need to make your report in the following forum: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/216-evernote-for-ios/. The one here is for the Windows desktop app.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still broken as of today and has been for some time.  When taking long notes (which is Evernote's strong suit), this makes it impossibly difficult to continue adding new lines as I constantly have to scroll down.  Like come on guys, I don't think there are any other programs out there that have this issue (even Notepad on Windows, literally the most basic form of Word Processing).

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, EightyOsBen said:

Still broken as of today and has been for some time.  When taking long notes (which is Evernote's strong suit), this makes it impossibly difficult to continue addirng new lines as I constantly have to scroll down.  Like come on guys, I don't think there are any other programs out there that have this issue (even Notepad on Windows, literally the most basic form of Word Processing).

Hi.  I can genuinely say that I have never regarded 'long notes' as Evernote's strong suit.  Short notes are good,  even long documents split into short note paragraphs are possible: but long narrative notes are slow to load, hard to edit and liable to sudden and catastrophic loss if something goes wrong during sync.  However.  In most apps this not scrolling thing has been fixed.  So what OD and device are you using?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Strange. I just made a test note, in a window that was very short from top to bottom, so I wouldn't have to type much before it needed to scroll. And it did scroll, i.e., when I got to the end of the line at the bottom of the window and continued typing, the existing text rolled up so I could see what I typed. Evidently that's what's not working for some folks?

• 1 month later...

Almost 2 months later and no fix? I won't pay for program that makes it difficult to do the very task its designed for. 

Edit: I was having the windows split and it wasn't scrolling, when I full sized it the notes started scrolling even when I went back to split mode. Maybe someone can use this information.

Edited by turlo101
PEBCAK
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, turlo101 said:

Almost 2 months later and no fix? I won't pay for program that makes it difficult to do the very task its designed for. 

Hi.  The post just before yours confirms that your issue is one that appears to affects certain customers only.  It's difficult to 'fix' something without someone reporting this to Evernote Support and working with them to find out what causes the problem. Of course if you were a subscriber you'd have access...

6 hours ago, turlo101 said:

I was having the windows split and it wasn't scrolling, when I full sized it the notes started scrolling even when I went back to split mode. Maybe someone can use this information.

- And sorry but this is a mainly user-supported forum. Evernote staffers do read the content,  but it's unknown when that information might get back to the company. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 11:45 PM, Ejones0310 said:

I am experiencing the same issue with Windows 10 and build 6.24.2.8919 (308919) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)

Same problem here. I couldn't submit an email or chat because I'm not a premium member. 

Not only do I have a problem with it not automatically scrolling down, but also there's text at the side of the screen that cannot be seen or scrolled to, and once text goes past a certain point at the bottom of the screen, it can't be scrolled to either. Basically, there's no scrolling anywhere going on over here. 

• Level 5
11 hours ago, PistolPeteJR said:

I’m having the same issue. iOS 13 on an iPad Pro. Full screen doesn’t solve the issue for me. This is a big problem.

Hi, and welcome to the forums. This is the forum for the Windows desktop program. Please look for iOS forum and post there, where there will be other users who are familiar with issues there.

• 5 months later...

Hi! Having the same problem in a note I am typing in right now. It seems only to happen when using bulleted lists. First image is after I've pressed return but not scrolled; second is after I've scrolled and you can see the editing buffer.

I am a subscriber.

Build information: 6.21.2.8716 (308716) Public (CE Build ce-62.5.9981)

EverNote-Scroll-01.PNG

EverNote-Scroll-02.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I am also continuing to have this issues specifically with any form of bulleted or numbered list. Hitting Enter to create a new bullet will move the text below the screen. There is not a way to additionally scroll ahead to prevent this view from occurring