Flag notes

denny89

Idea

Some notes are more important than others. Some are "main notes" in a notebook with general content. And some I want to find more quickly for a week or so. Then I would love to be able to flag them with a color or a pin or whatever...something that highlights them. Maybe additionally a smart notebook with all highlighted notes would be great.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Tags are the Evernote way to "flag" notes. The "smart notebook" is nothing more than an Evernote saved search or shortcut that finds notes with those tags. You can also use Evernote reminders to mark out certain notes as special, and in some cases, they are displayed separately from normal notes (e.g. Windows snippet view, where reminders are displayed in a separate list above the normal notes)

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, denny89 said:

Some notes are more important than others. Some are "main notes" in a notebook with general content. And some I want to find more quickly for a week or so. Then I would love to be able to flag them with a color or a pin or whatever...something that highlights them. Maybe additionally a smart notebook with all highlighted notes would be great.

At the top of my Shortcuts list is my entry for tag "!Hot Notes"
I apply this tag to any notes I want quick access to

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Shay1 said:

For flags, the ability to right click to add a quick flag (instead of having to add a tag) would be great. Having a few flag options wound be even better. 

Currently Evernote supports two fields in the note metadata - Notebooks and Tags.  
Why is there a need for a Flag field?  Is the next post goint to ask for quick labels?

Create tags Flag1, Flag2, ....  You can even use emojii 🚩🇦🇩

Archived