• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
Theupgrade

Photography How to organize your inspiration?

Lets be real. Evernote sucks for creatives looking to organize inspiration. Thus the birth of services as Pixave, dragdis, inboardapp, CardDesk etc.

I know, card view right. It doesn't really fully do the job. I just want to log in and see all the photos I have gathered throughout the years and get inspired. 

Is evernote not from me? Should I find another service, if so which one?

11 minutes ago, Theupgrade said:

I just want to log in and see all the photos I have gathered throughout the years and get inspired. 

Evernote is a digital filing cabinet.  
Evernote could do the job displaying the photos using card/thumbnail view but I would think a photo album app would do a better job for storing photos

I'm not sure about the "get inspired" part

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Theupgrade said:

Is evernote not from me? Should I find another service, if so which one?

Evernote is not a strong choice for managing a large photo collection. I think you should find another service. Google Photos works nice with amazing search capabilities with online storage. Flickr lets you store up to 1 TB of photos, but the connection to Yahoo is worrisome. If you need more options, you could try software designed for photos such as Adobe Lightroom or ACDSee. There are many, many others.

• Like 1

For looking at a few well-chosen images that inspire me, I find Pinterest helpful. I use it for searching and saving historic costume and needlework images. It's also good for linking back to other websites where the image was originally found. Evernote where I stash my text-based info, for family history research or keeping logs. It's great for genealogy or for project planning with others. Both Pinterest and Evernote have widgets for saving those things you find while online. 

Another vote for third party software - Evernote wouldn't be my first choice for browsing my own pictures either.  I use Lightroom to catalogue my hard drives and various other websites to publish pictures.  Evernote is fine for researching locations,  keeping kit receipts and clipping all those 'how to' tips...

On 1/9/2017 at 0:03 AM, floatingshift said:

For looking at a few well-chosen images that inspire me, I find Pinterest helpful. I use it for searching and saving historic costume and needlework images. It's also good for linking back to other websites where the image was originally found. Evernote where I stash my text-based info, for family history research or keeping logs. It's great for genealogy or for project planning with others. Both Pinterest and Evernote have widgets for saving those things you find while online. 

Easy way to transfer Evernote notebook/notes to Pinterest?

AFAICS Pinterest clips images from web pages and will import pictures from your hard drive.  It's not meant for other content.