Search and List Numbering

I have a "Completed" notebook established for Work Orders (notes) that are randomly numbered with an "Unique ID". (ex: 2940156789)

I would like to know if I can Search this notebook and produce a list of the Unique ID numbers found in the notebook.

Thanks for any help you can offer!  I am not a programmer as is likely evident by this post.

• Level 5*

If you have Excel skills you can generate a list of the numbers if you put the number in the note title.  Preferably put the number at the beginning or end of the title, or preceded by the some prefix.  This standardization makes it easier write a formula to extract the number from the title field within Excel.  The steps are:

1. Select the Completed notebook while in list view..
  2. Select one note in the list and then press Ctrl-A to select all of the notes.
  3. Press Ctrl-C to copy the note meta data (which will be whatever columns are in the list view).
  4. Open Excel and Paste with Match Destination Formatting.
  5. Then you can unpack the W/O number from  the title.

Reads harder than it is.  You can create the base model and then just paste subsequent copies into it.  FWIW.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, eeuhchad said:

I have a "Completed" notebook established for Work Orders (notes) that are randomly numbered with an "Unique ID". (ex: 2940156789)

I would like to know if I can Search this notebook and produce a list of the Unique ID numbers found in the notebook.

For sure, if the number is in the title you can produce a list of the numbersScreen Shot 2017-01-08 at 12.03.39 PM.png

The screenshot I posted is a list of my journal notes
If instead of the date, the title included your "Unique Id" you have your list

You can use the copy-links feature to copy this list and paste it elsewhere

Archived