Conflicing modifications

• Level 5*

Hi.  Conflicting modifications can mean that one device has saved one version of a note more or less at the same time as another device saves a different version.  Since both devices are logged in as 'you',  the app doesn't know which one is the correct version.  If you sign out of Evernote on any unused device,  or switch that device off,  you should find duplications don't happen.  Another cause of confusion for the app can be a weak or intermittent network connection - maybe due to using a mobile app in retail premises!

Not sure how Evernote can influence either of those... or show duplications in a different way to make comparison easier.  Any suggestions for a better layout?

• Level 5*
On 1/5/2017 at 11:04 AM, nuorlenzgal said:

I wish there were a way to delete all previous modifications of a note.

I edit my notes over and over as I use them to list errands.  One note will have months of conflicting modifications attached.  Please make an easy way to get rid of them.

Best way to prevent conflicting mods is to be sure and sync whenever you enter and exit a device.  Unfortunately, once you have them it is a manual process to fix.  So I would suggest fixing the notes and then be sure and do the syncing going forward.

Archived