Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×

Idea

12 replies to this idea

This isn't just a night owls/dark room thing. I regularly prefer non-white backgrounds while working during the day in a regularly lit room. Evernote offers so much; but not so much as one alternate theme? SERIOUSLY?

Please implement this ASAP. It can't possibly be much work in the scheme of things.

• Like 2

I suppose we're not. If there are real 2nd class citizens here, that would be the Linux folks. haha

But we're paying (at least I was, formerly) the same amount as Mac users. And we're here left to hang yet again. For something that's been requested for at least 5 years now you'd think they'd have plenty of time to release dark mode for everyone. Instead they keep on pushing these features that would make evernote a powerpoint competitor instead of a note-taking program. Take it as you will.

And I have a sense of perspective in this and that's within the Evernote environment. I don't need to look around the world to feel like the company doesn't value me as much as other users. What do you call someone who pays (again, formerly) the same amount for the same thing and gets less than everyone else? Where are the timelines? Even a vague promise? A shot-in-the-dark date that says "we'll release dark mode on Windows in 2020 or something"? I'm sure there's a lot of work involved in it but a dark mode isn't exactly cutting edge technology that needs years to develop. They obviously have priorities and I know people want to think we're all equal here but that's not how I'm feeling it. I'm glad you're contented with how Evernote is taking care of you but I'm not. And I'm sure I'm not alone with this.

But yeah, I AM making this sound so grave so sorry for that. It's just a dark mode after all. Dark mode was just a nice-to-have feature for such a long time and now that it's come and there are no indications that it will come to Windows too, coupled with the fact that Evernote closed that other thread just like that, it gets frustrating.

• Thanks 2

This needs to happen for Windows users.  Great that Dark Theme is out for Android, iOS, OSX, but still missing for Windows.  Evernote is the ONLY app in my workflow that doesn't support dark mode in Windows. A lot of the "duplicate threads" also requesting this seem to now be deleted. Please make this happen. 

• Like 2

Really sucks to be 2nd class citizens, no? The way Evernote closed the 5-year old thread even though Windows users are still waiting (you wouldn't close the thread if dark mode was only released on iOS, no?) and how ambiguous the help article regarding Dark Mode on Windows is (not even a promise that it's coming or that they're working on it, it just says "got better things to do") implies Evernote thinks their work is done here. We're probably gonna get it too but we can probably expect in the same 5 year time frame I guess. We're just not that much of a priority.

Mac people though, ah, they gotta get those Bear and Omnifocus users. Windows users aren't going anywhere anyway, no?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Adreng said:

We're just not that much of a priority.

I think we're pretty much the same priority as everyone else - but desktop users have things that mobile users don't,  Androids do different things than IOS,  and Macs and Windows users always think the other OS is doing better.  It would be nice to have the dark theme,  but - if you were reading all the posts - the Windows team don't seem to have the same kind of flexibility in the OS that Macs have.  Maybe they're waiting for the OS to catch up...

Implement Dark Theme, Please!!

Do you need me to change the colors in the web CSS style sheet?

Feel free to mail me if you need the hex triplets!

• Like 3

It not just closing the issue , it's also redirecting me ones to another post when I asked about windows.they are completely unaware and ignorant about windows,I guess they have too much money to spare for buying overpriced macs only I guess. 

Blaming windows flexibility is not a good idea , iOS has not reached anywhere close to windows flexibility, So there is no catch up to do.

Evernote codes itself shows it's been coded to white background for windows, there is work around hack available for the same which is litterally to change the hex code.

It's just.that more poorer who can't afford Macs overpricing tend to use windows,And we are in the blind spot. Evernote thinks that ignoring windows is a calculated risk to otherwise putting feature ( workload ). Well may be they are wrong. I already moved my stuff's to Zoho notebooks, works well and they are putting out a Windows version too, at least they hear customers. 

By end of this year I'll be moving out completely , thank you Evernote , it was nice having you and making life easier.

• Like 1

I mainly use a Mac as a desktop computer and Windows when mobile with a laptop. Dark mode is great on the eyes however changing font color of a block of text on the mac (usually a light shade to contrast nicely with the dark background) makes reading that text on Wndows really difficult because you end up with light font on white background. If Windows also had dark mode I could use colored fonts on the Mac without this hassle.

On 12/9/2018 at 10:33 AM, Adreng said:

Really sucks to be 2nd class citizens, no?

Honestly, look around the world. Get a sense of perspective. We are not second class citizens in any sense of the words.