Auto Share my Notes

Jewels by Trish

How can I setup my notebook or notes to be automatically shared with someone? I do not want to set the permissions each time & have to share the notes via the Work Chat. I want to be able to create a note & she'll automatically see it when she logs in. I have a friend that has hers setup this way & I can see her stuff every time she adds a new note without her sending it to me. She is having trouble communicating to me how hers is setup.

Thanks,

Trish

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, Jewels by Trish said:

How can I setup my notebook or notes to be automatically shared with someone? I do not want to set the permissions each time & have to share the notes via the Work Chat. I want to be able to create a note & she'll automatically see it when she logs in. I have a friend that has hers setup this way & I can see her stuff every time she adds a new note without her sending it to me. She is having trouble communicating to me how hers is setup.

As per @csahilling - this is a screenshot from my Mac of right-clicking on a notebookScreen Shot 2017-01-04 at 8.46.02 AM.png

Yes, I can see that if I right click the notebook. I want a particular notebook to always be shared with a certain person. I can't figure out how to access the settings for that. This way all things added will automatically be shared with my partner rather than having to submit via the Work Chat each time something new is added.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Jewels by Trish said:

Yes, I can see that if I right click the notebook. I want a particular notebook to always be shared with a certain person. I can't figure out how to access the settings for that. This way all things added will automatically be shared with my partner rather than having to submit via the Work Chat each time something new is added.

After right clicking on the Notebook, you select Share or Publish

Publish gives you a public URL you can pass to people.

Share allows you to specify specific usernames

• 3 weeks later...

Dear members,

Hi, I have used EN since Feb 2010 and just recently I use the note share more than before. I usually share the note from EN Client on Mac. However I received many complaints from non EN user, especially on Android, reporting that they can open my "public link". Is there anybody kind enough to direct me to the right discussion. I am sure that this topic has been long discussed.

Best regards.

Archived