Sign in to follow this  
OndrejCz

Heading formatting option

Idea

I really like Evernote, but writing notes which include headings is really frustrating and basically the only reason I started thinking about moving to another product. Yes - it's slowing me down that much. I know there is a workaround - I can format every heading manually by selecting bigger font size and bold option, but then when I hit enter and continue with writing a paragraph underneath, Evernote proceeds with the selected formatting, so I have to pick a smaller font size and uncheck bold text option again. I have even tried thinks like AutoHotkey scripts, but it's still far away from the ideal state. Every text writing tool has this option, please have it too!

Expected behavior

Similar behavior to Google Docs or Confluence would be nice, i.e.

Following formatting options available in the formatting toolbar:

• Paragprah
  • H1
  • H2
  • H3

When writing of a heading is finished and enter is hit (new line), formatting is automatically switched to paragraph option

• Like 2

2 replies to this idea

I like evernote but I've stopped using it because its hard to structure my text for future reading.  It would help make my notes easier to read if i had some simple formatting tools to quickly create different header levels to organize my paragraphs. Having to adjusting font sizes which to break up my text to readable chunks is OBNOXIOUS!