Clickable search query in a note

JorgB

Idea

Hi guys,

Would it be possible (or in the future) to insert a link to an executable search into a note? For example I want a current overview of all my Christmas budget spendatures of 2016, make a nice query and embed it as a clickable link in a note? Same would go for e.g active issues on a project at work, instead of using saved searches, run the query live.

It would be very handy as the context of the search is in the note. A note with my books to read can for example hold (embedded) queries to genres like: 
  • Educational 
  • Novel
  • Self-help

And they would filter out the books I read, so I don't have to have a million saved searches.. what do you think?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, JorgB said:
Would it be possible (or in the future) to insert a link to an executable search into a note? For example I want a current overview of all my Christmas budget spendatures of 2016, make a nice query and embed it as a clickable link in a note? Same would go for e.g active issues on a project at work, instead of using saved searches, run the query live.

Not currently possible

A work-around is to insert the actual search phrase in the note for copy/paste into the search box 

Moved from the Android forum to the General forum

Thank you for your reply, that is why I added "in the future". I see this as a very useful addition to Evernote. I would like to re-submit this as a feature request then. And thank you for moving this to the General Forum as it is more for Evernote in general.

- Jorgen 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, JorgB said:

I would like to re-submit this as a feature request then. And thank you for moving this to the General Forum as it is more for Evernote in general.

You've already submitted a feature request by posting in the feedback forum

Its available for discussion, and voting by user's.  I added my vote

(Voting buttons are in the upper left corner of the discussion).

• Level 5*

+1 from me,  since voting the idea up,  reduced the score to zero!!  I voted it down from zero and got it back to 1 vote (:unsure:) but now can't add my own.  Maybe we can invoke the mysterious Powers of the Forum and get @gbarry to have a look at this?  Voting on all feature suggestions currently seems to be slightly broken...  :(

Archived