okay to delete setup folder for Evernote?

Evernote 6.4.2 on Win7Pro.

Question:  Is it okay to delete C:\SWTOOLS\Evernote, or are the contents actually necessary?

The Evernote website (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=176617) has a problem that prevents me from "creating a ticket" to report a problem or make an inquiry. I go through the steps of dropdown menus, but no link to create a ticket appears at the end. Thus, I am posting to this forum.

I installed Evernote on my PC, but Evernote created a setup folder at C:\SWTOOLS\Evernote and failed to delete this stuff after installation. The folder seems to only contain setup automation files, including EvernoteSetup.exe. I do not see any files that seem to be for the installed program itself.

Also, I am not sure why I do not see a folder for Evernote in C:\Program Files nor C:\Program Files (x86).  Where are the program files located?  The program works normally.

• Level 5*

I've never seen this folder being created before, but it should be ok to remove.

Program files are located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote" for me. It is a 32-bit executable.

Thank you, jefito.  I think I will go ahead and delete it.  Size = 52.8 MB.

After further review, I think the setup folder was created by the manufacturer of my computer (Lenovo), along with folders for other programs they include on a new computer.  I think the SWTOOLS directory serves as a home for Lenovo-sponsored software setup stuff.  I think I was confused because I had gone straight to the Evernote website to download/install instead of navigating through a local link provided by Lenovo.

I know Lenovo did pre-load a setup program for MS Office.  I removed the setup program for MS Office via Control Panel because I do not want or need MS Office.

...and I found the location of the program folder:  C:\Users\Jimmyhosen\AppData\Local\Apps\Evernote\Evernote

Size = 225 MB.  I think I had set it up for my user only, instead of globally for all users.  Works fine.

Archived