Update saved web pages ?

hi

i dont know if this has been already asked in the forum. i use evernote as my bookmark tool and i have a ton of saved webpages in it. i cannot find an option to "check" the saved webpages, sometimes after a long time, since i really have some over 10 years old stuff, they are no longer online or the contents have changed and so on, and for a number of these pages i would like to run an update, automated, without me going to each website and clipping it again.

so is there such an option ? or what would you suggest ?

Br

chicha

• Level 5*

Hi.  There's no option within Evernote to check that URLs are still active online.  It might be possible for a developer to write some code to verify every http:// link in an account (although what happens when a 'page not found' page comes up, I don't know...) and list any notes containing an error.  Bookmarks notes occupy minimal space though (17K on one I just tested) - why not verify the bookmark if/ when you next use it?  Even if you confirm it's active now,  you can't guarantee that it will still be active in a week;  and while you haven't checked the note,  it is still useful to know that you were able to find the page at one time...

Edit:  Just re-read the query - similar content for updates;  there's no way to get a 'current' summary either.  I seem to recall that some web services offered this feature,  but it seems likely there's a charge.  your Google search is as good as mine on that...

well im moving all my bookmarks to evernote now :) so i wont use anything else and once the page is in evernote maybe its even ok if its gone from the web. i wouldnt run update more then once a year anyway. i was just thinking to make the yearly check a bit easier with a few clicks somewhere but no matter, if i do it manualy ill get rid of some older useless stuff anyway.

thanks for reply

chicha

Archived