Two ideas: Sizing Images and Clearing Reminders En Masse

Sizing Images
I wish that the images in a note were not so darn big in Windows desktop.  I often add images to my notes using my phone by taking a picture with the Camera and then converting them to a document (Android phone) and then saving them into the note.  

Later, I'll look at the note in Windows and notice that the image is massive, occupying about half of one of my 24" screens.

There doesn't seem to be a way to constrain it except by opening the note and then sizing the window manually.

It would be much better if the image could be dragged to the right size while maintaining its proportion.  

I'm attaching a screenshot of my EN with the check in a note (bottom frame). You can see how big it is there. Can't see any of the rest of the note without having to scroll. 

Clearing Reminders En Masse
Today I was doing some clean-up in EN. There were notes in my Archive folder with active Reminders. I wanted to clean themup. So I ran a search that gave me a list of the reminders and I was hoping I could select them all and then "Mark as Done" or "Clear Reminder" en masse.

Apparently this is not possible yet.

So I'd like to put in my vote for being able to do this. It seems like a no brainer as a feature. It's easy to pile up a bunch of notes with reminders which, just by the fact that much time has passed, need to be cleared out all at once.

EN images.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, hanseric said:

It would be much better if the image could be dragged to the right size while maintaining its proportion

You can do this in Windows.  When you select the image it is surrounded by a blue box.  In the lower right hand corner of the box is a blue dot.  Mouse hover over this dot and you will get the double arrow resize icon.  Click and hold and drag to the desired size.  You can only resize smaller and not larger.

• Level 5*

...and in Windows Snippet view,  it's possible to see reminders as a list at the top.  It's still a manual exercise,  but I just ticked around 100 (old) reminders off in a minute or two.

Some ingenuity is required,  but if you go into List view and add the 'reminders' column to the view,  you can Ctrl+A and Copy Note Links to get a list of all the notes with reminders,  or with different selections,  all those with (say) upcoming reminders,  so you can jump to those notes individually if you wish.  No way to bulk change though.

48 minutes ago, gazumped said:

...and in Windows Snippet view,  it's possible to see reminders as a list at the top.  It's still a manual exercise,  but I just ticked around 100 (old) reminders off in a minute or two.

Some ingenuity is required,  but if you go into List view and add the 'reminders' column to the view,  you can Ctrl+A and Copy Note Links to get a list of all the notes with reminders,  or with different selections,  all those with (say) upcoming reminders,  so you can jump to those notes individually if you wish.  No way to bulk change though.

Yes, I had done the same. It's the bulk change part that I'm looking for, unfortunately. Seems like a no-brainer to have that feature but perhaps there is some constraint I'm not aware of.

9 hours ago, s2sailor said:

You can do this in Windows.  When you select the image it is surrounded by a blue box.  In the lower right hand corner of the box is a blue dot.  Mouse hover over this dot and you will get the double arrow resize icon.  Click and hold and drag to the desired size.  You can only resize smaller and not larger.

Great! Thanks for pointing this out. 

I had looked for a control like this but didn't see it.

FWIW (to EN Developers), my go-to corner to see if there's a control like this would be top-right.

Also, that little square is almost invisible due to size.

If either/both of these were improved, I believe the discoverability would be greatly improved and therefore usability. 

Thanks for the tip @S2sailor!

Archived