Android Chrome Share to Evernote

I don't know if this is technically the Web Clipper or not, I've just been using the default Share functionality in Chrome on Android.

When I first started using this Android Chrome / Share to Evernote method back in 2014, I would get an Evernote note with a link to a screenshot of the page. (See attached image.) That was annoying, because I'd have to click an eye icon to see the screenshot. If I wanted the screenshot to just be visible in the note, I'd have to download it, delete the link, and drag the image into the note.

At some point, this changed. Instead of a getting a link to the screenshot, I would just get a .png screenshot in the note. I preferred this and was happy for the change, however it came about.

A week ago, I had to start my phone in Safe Mode, and the reset some preferences and I had to re-login to some apps. No big deal. However . . . Evernote has returned to adding links to screenshots instead of the screenshots themselves. (Again, see attached image.)

How can I choose whether I get a screenshot or a link to the screenshot when I "Share" a page from Chrome to Evernote?

Thanks.

screen2.png

Hello @dbk3000,

Thank you for posting and I am seeing this too on my end. I will be getting some clarification on this soon and will follow-up with you once I hear why this is. Like you I used to receive the screenshot below the URL, but now it is being seen as an attachment. What version of Evernote for Android are you running?

Archived