Mcplums

Home screen shortcuts don't work

So I'm in the app, with a note open, I click the three dots, select 'add to homescreen'.

The problem is that the newly created shortcut doesn't work IF Evernote is already open. All it does is open Evernote on whatever note was previously open. However if Evernote is closed, the shortcut works fine.

What's even more mysterious is that my older home screen shortcuts work fine all the time. It's just all recent shortcuts I've added which don't work. I did recently downgrade from premium to free, could this be related?

Hi.  AFAIK it's not related to a downgrade.  Make a shortcut from the app and you get a shortcut.  If you want that note again you can tap the shortcut.  If you're already in the app,  why do you need to tap the shortcut?  Use a saved search or some such to find the note.  Shortcuts are for when the app is closed already.

If you're already in the app,  why do you need to tap the shortcut?

Because I'm not in the app, I just opened the app before then did something else and it remains open in the background. When I select the shortcut, the app opens at where it was previously open and not where the shortcut goes to. 

Regardless, half my shortcuts DO open the specific note (whether or not evernote is already open in the background) and half do not. So clearly something is not working as intended here. 

Hello @Mcplums,

I would recommend submitted a support ticket to us by clicking the link in my signature. This way we can look at what could be causing this. In the meantime, what is the version number of the Evernote application you are using?

Hello,

I'm a free user so do not have access to your support (which I'm not complaining about, seems reasonable). Would be grateful if someone else who has the same issue and does have premium could do so... :)

Meanwhile, as requested the version number is 7.9.8

..it takes a few days after the initial email receipt & ticket number for a human to respond - especially on a holiday weekend...

I have the same issue for Evernote 7.9.9 on Android 6.0.1. Shortcuts work only if Evernote is not already running in the background.

• Like 1

I'm currently using the 7.13 Beta and a home screen shortcut appears to open to the correct note now,  even if Evernote is already open.