Accessing Notes or Notebooks that have been shared with me

Where would these be found within my EN? Will EN create a new notebook for notes and/or notebooks that have been shared with me?  If I share a note/notebook with a non-EN user, will they be forced/required to create an EN account in order to view/access the note/notebook? 

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, RobD said:

Where would these be found within my EN? Will EN create a new notebook for notes and/or notebooks that have been shared with me?  If I share a note/notebook with a non-EN user, will they be forced/required to create an EN account in order to view/access the note/notebook? 

There are two ways to share, by public URL or by username.

When accessing a notebook by url, the user is presented with two choices

1. Access  via an Evernote account
  2. Access via a browser; no Evernote account required

When joining a shared notebook, a copy is created in your account and kept synced with the original.  It appears in your Notebook section

11 hours ago, DTLow said:

There are two ways to share, by public URL or by username.

When accessing a notebook by url, the user is presented with two choices

1. Access  via an Evernote account
  2. Access via a browser; no Evernote account required

When joining a shared notebook, a copy is created in your account and kept synced with the original.  It appears in your Notebook section

Thanks for your reply and info, greatly appreciated.  So the Shared notebook that is created in my notebook, where will it be found?  With the original?  Will it be marked and easily identifiable as the shared notebook? 

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, RobD said:

So the Shared notebook that is created in my notebook, where will it be found?  With the original?  Will it be marked and easily identifiable as the shared notebook? 

Here are screenshots on from my Mac showing my notebooks which I organize into StacksScreen Shot 2016-12-26 at 7.02.25 AM.png

In my sidebar image, you can see a list of my notebooks
No, the shared notebooks are not identified

In the Notebook page screenshot below,
Yes, my one shared notebook is identified with the owners name

Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 7.03.44 AM.png

12 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Here are screenshots on from my Mac showing my notebooks which I organize into StacksScreen Shot 2016-12-26 at 7.02.25 AM.png

In my sidebar image, you can see a list of my notebooks
No, the shared notebooks are not identified

In the Notebook page screenshot below,
Yes, my one shared notebook is identified with the owners name

Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 7.03.44 AM.png

Perfect, thank you again. 

Archived