Autosaving notes when pressing 'back'

tttttttttttony

Idea

My project requires me to create thousands of seperate notes in different folders, meaning the ability to be able to go back from a note and have it get saved automatically without having to check 'save note' each seperate time would be HUGE to me

A suggestion would be for you to add an option to settings letting you choose if you want notes to be autosaved.

4 replies to this idea

So when I open a note to edit it briefly and then press back I get the message (roughly translated): "are you sure you want to undo the changes made to this note?". The only way for me to succesfully save an edited note is if i tap the '✔' icon at the top left of my screen (which is a hassle to get to when using your phone with one hand).

I have Evernote 7.9.8, my phone's an Honor 7 so I think it runs a custom version of Android?

• Level 5

OK, yes, that's what I see too. I can see how it would be useful to have an option to set a default action as Back = Save, or Back = Discard; there'd also need to be an option for Back = Ask Every Time, for folks like me who would want to do one thing sometimes, and sometimes the other.

13 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

OK, yes, that's what I see too. I can see how it would be useful to have an option to set a default action as Back = Save, or Back = Discard; there'd also need to be an option for Back = Ask Every Time, for folks like me who would want to do one thing sometimes, and sometimes the other.

Exactly. Having this option implemented would be huge for me.

Archived